1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks guys, I might try and get them closer otherwise I'll leave the boxes as far as they will go.

I just ordered the biggest, baddest villain of them all. Ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ra ta ra ra ra ra ta ta ta ra ra ra. Can't wait to get this guy and put him up against Obi in that classic scene with a backdrop in a detolf.

Last edited:
I just got my Vader and he's fantastic. The one thing that somewhat bothers me are the gauntlets. They just look odd with the Velcro attachment flaps over the gloves. Has anyone tried swapping the gauntlets with the Sideshow ones? I apologise if this has been brought up before.

I tried. the SS ones are super tight on his arms, and the pegs aren't exactly compatible. it could work... I'm on the fence. I like being able to flex the wrist... but those flaps just do not sit right.

I just got my Vader and he's fantastic. The one thing that somewhat bothers me are the gauntlets. They just look odd with the Velcro attachment flaps over the gloves. Has anyone tried swapping the gauntlets with the Sideshow ones? I apologise if this has been brought up before.

I'm surprised more people aren't doing it. I'm hanging onto my SS for parts to compensate for HTs crappy bits. I'm really not impressed with HTs Star Wars line at all. Half-arsed likenesses all round, some poor material and design decisions and production numbers that clearly fall well short of demand.

has anyone had luck contacting SS customer service?

i am at my wits end.

My belt snapped off after simply looking behind it to see how it was connected. i took a picture. emailed them and called and left a VM at a specific persons desk. this was on sunday. since then i emailed them, did online chat, and called them and left VMs again.

here we are on friday and I've heard not a peep. what kind of company doesn't even answer the phones??? i get the ole, sorry no one is available to answer your call bit.

I'm getting over the top hot with them. I'm not even talking about the belt. I'm talking about the ridiculous hard time I'm having just communicating with them.

Yes, I've had trouble getting in touch with them too. I don't think they have enough operators to handle the calls. It took me several times to get through yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I've had trouble getting in touch with them too. I don't think they have enough operators to handle the calls. It took me several times to get through yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't understand this, I've done business with them for years and they always answered. over the last few months, its like they don't even want to answer the phones or anything.

Decided to get a HT helmet off of eBay. Got one for an okay price. Using it on my original SSC Vader

Still working on the pose and will lower the dome soon.

A fantastic piece!

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2043.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 230
^ it doesn't work for me for some reason I guess the HT body and outfit was made for this helmet sorry:slap

Decided to get a HT helmet off of eBay. Got one for an okay price. Using it on my original SSC Vader

Still working on the pose and will lower the dome soon.

A fantastic piece!

Nonono! Do NOT lower the dome...the absence of the interior "eyebrow" ridge is achieved by blackening that edge, not lowering the dome...the original Anh helmet had black eyebrow edges....or eyelid out-facing edges underneath the dome....the dome is only low in very few parts of the film, but the iconic look of blackness in the eye area is achieved by the paint, not shadow or obscuring of the eyebrows/eyelid edge.

That said, hot toys messed up by not painting the interior of the eye sockets black also....

Back