1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got both arms to go straight down.

Here is a quick pic. Will take another shot after I fix the pose and futz the cape some more when I get the chance.

b96fc75d5e8f2890533b48401fb11341.jpg

Not exactly better than stock but It was bothering me personally lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a quick pic. Will take another shot after I fix the pose and futz the cape some more when I get the chance.

I love that pose from his meeting with Obi Wan.

What did you do to get the arms down?

I think it looks outstanding but I'm not one to microscopically nick pick.

Thanks for the pic.

Same here used rewards points for Kylo and jakku trooper which shipped after a couple of days and the rest of my points i used on vader and wish i hadn't after i noticed BBTS has him. I'd cancel and order from BBTS but then I'd lose those points i used towards Vader. :gah:

The ONLY time I was ever happy using my reward points was when I bought Chewbacca, I was able to get him for $150. Wish I could do it again!

I love that pose from his meeting with Obi Wan.

What did you do to get the arms down?

I went drastic with it.

dbf14fd6b56d2afc62b1d0b5e7e753a0.jpg

Used exacto to cut some of the soft plastic when I knew it wasn't needed in holding shoulder* joints.

Trimmed the excess leather on the arm pit part inside of the inner suit and fat suit. Without affecting the stitching. Just used scissors.

I think the trimming alone can get you close to arms straight down.

I think it looks outstanding but I'm not one to microscopically nick pick.

Thanks for the pic.

Aww. Thank you :)

Last edited:
The ONLY time I was ever happy using my reward points was when I bought Chewbacca, I was able to get him for $150. Wish I could do it again!

I was dumb not to pick up the han and chewy set. I wish SS would tell me my waitlist isn't going to get converted so the hope doesn't linger I'll get one.

Anyone else's cape giving them issues? Like wrinkles that just won't seem to go away?

That is a malevolent picture.

That picture makes me want one.

The only changes I'd make to mine are removing the wire from the inner robe, and putting the robe under his chest armor.

Back