1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something else wrong with this picture too,

It's reversed. :lol

Only that it's the birth of the monster...

Star-Wars-Episode-III-Revenge-Of-The-Sith-Darth-Vader-darth-vader-18356791-1599-677.jpg

Yeah coupled with the birth of the worst actor in SW history. So I guess it was the monster

Correction: worst actors in SW history

Christensen and Llyod

They are (were) both competent actors. Lucas is a terrible director/writer.

OT: This figure would have been far better served adding electronics to the Interrogation Droid rather than on Vader. :lecture

Holy hell, finally got the belt boxes working.... meh. They're really unimpressive. Sideshow did it better.

I had to remove the other side of the rear panel, take out the circuit board, and bend the spring and wire to make a connection with the batteries.

Btw, the rounded end of the battery goes against the spring, flat side of battery with writing goes against wire/edge of box for those still struggling.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

They are (were) both competent actors. Lucas is a terrible director/writer.

OT: This figure would have been far better served adding electronics to the Interrogation Droid rather than on Vader. :lecture

Have you seen Jake in Jingle All the Way..yeesh..you're entitled to your own opinion but that kid can't act to save his career which is pretty much nothing

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the PT was such an utter atrocity. I thought the films were decent enough. As an aggregate whole by no means as good as the OT, but I think they served their purpose which was simply to provide a backstory to the OT. The lightsaber duels were amazing, I thought it was neat how they introduced and explored more planets and worlds throughout the galaxy and I particularly enjoyed Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon and Ewan McGregor as a younger Obi-Wan. I thought Christensen was decent as Anakin; decent in AotC (despite the forced love scenes) and was better in RotS. My least favorite aspect of the entire PT was Jake Lloyd as a young Anakin in TPM.

All said and done, I just simply took them for what they were and intended to be. They're still very much a part of the SW mythos.

Who is Lloyd?

50429-dumb-and-dumber-gif-qFTd.gif

Have you seen Jake in Jingle All the Way..yeesh..you're entitled to your own opinion but that kid can't act to save his career which is pretty much nothing

How good is the acting going to be in a movie titled "Jingle All The Way"? Seriously. Movie like that and the writers are crap, the production team is crap, so Jake would fit in... People make movies like Jingle All The Way to pay bills. Not to create any pretension of great art. So my expectations would be lowered in such a case anyway.

Now there are lots of great actors who got their starts in crap movies like that. Its just unfortunate that we won't ever really know what JL could have been had the backlash against TPM not been so heavy. Same with Hayden. I have seen him in movies where he does great. Its just unfortunate that they had to cut their teeth on such crappy high profile movies.

Last edited:
My Vader, space trooper and Luke in storm trooper disguise were scheduled for tomorrow. I went out for a couple hours today only to come home and find a "sorry we missed you" note from UPS on the door! Now I have to wait until tomorrow! AHHHHHHHH!
My Vader is set to be delivered today! :woo

I'm not sure why everyone thinks the PT was such an utter atrocity. I thought the films were decent enough. As an aggregate whole by no means as good as the OT, but I think they served their purpose which was simply to provide a backstory to the OT. The lightsaber duels were amazing, I thought it was neat how they introduced and explored more planets and worlds throughout the galaxy and I particularly enjoyed Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon and Ewan McGregor as a younger Obi-Wan. I thought Christensen was decent as Anakin; decent in AotC (despite the forced love scenes) and was better in RotS. My least favorite aspect of the entire PT was Jake Lloyd as a young Anakin in TPM.

All said and done, I just simply took them for what they were and intended to be. They're still very much a part of the SW mythos.

50429-dumb-and-dumber-gif-qFTd.gif

This.

He get's a little long winded on the TFA trailer and Luke's voice over, but what he's says regarding the PT and the anticipation of the new movie across the generations is DEAD ON. See what you think.

Got Vader and it's pretty cool. A lot more stuff in the set than I expected and the box wasn't much bigger than any other HT fig. My main issue is the belt is flimsy/cheap. I think I have to tape it, as it's already damaged. :(

Also, the head is kind of a pain to re-attach, as is the light up arm. For the latter, I had a hard time trying to remove the regular arm due to the thick suit so I gave up on it since you really have to remove a lot of stuff to insert the batteries and get to the arm better. Maybe I'll give it another shot and try to get the voice/sound thing going when I have more time to read up on it.

Looks great though.

I essentially traded my SSC Deluxe Vader for this one. Both parties are happy with the deal. :)

Great job, Hot Toys. This really does give off the essence of ANH Vader in person. :rock

I heard negative.

Wait, reverse that -- I know the HT head can't fit the SS ANH body. But I assume its the same the other way 'round too.

So, WG, did you try this?

I was thinking it would be an easy upgrade for my Sideshow ANH Vader while I wait for HT's ESB/ROTJ Vader.

This.

He get's a little long winded on the TFA trailer and Luke's voice over, but what he's says regarding the PT and the anticipation of the new movie across the generations is DEAD ON. See what you think.

Great post, QGF.

Completely agree with his remarks regarding the generation gap. I was cracking up though during his long winded harangue about Luke's RotJ voice over in TFA trailer and people analyzing things much too deeply and attempting to make a mystery out of something that quite frankly isn't, because that was absolutely true also. :lol

So, WG, did you try this?

I was thinking it would be an easy upgrade for my Sideshow ANH Vader while I wait for HT's ESB/ROTJ Vader.

Nope, didn't try myself, a friend told me that it wouldn't work without a heavy mod. But "heavy mod" could be subjective. He's a pretty industrious guy though, he used to make those Chewbaccas.

This.

Speaking of the trailer

What scene was the one in the dark where someone is handing someone the saber in the trailer . Because if it was Matz, that scene wasn't dark in the film. Was it when Rey had the vision dream?

Also what happened to moment where Kylo ignites the saber in the woods, didn't see that all in the movie. They (Finn and Rey ) were running in the woods and then they heard Ren's saber and then he attacked :dunno

Back