1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you you were able to fold the Velcro section? That's what effed up my belt when I tried that.

Just the edges. One side was easier than the other. Had to use tweezers to push the belt flat under one of the clips.

Yeah, I got a small notch in my belt from trying and which point I stopped.

The only thing that's happened to mine is the plastic insert with the slot has unglued on one side. Haven't bothered re-gluing as the buckle still works as intended.

The belt looks very fragile in that area, so I wouldn't want to be messing with the boxes much again.

23977609361_871dfc7c63_o.jpg

View attachment 233224

Not sure why the syringe is pointing downward -- except that's the way it is on the false prop.

Another reason to get the HT, The Mike.

The HT droid is a little beauty!

I guess he's pretty much overshadowed by the figure of Vader itself, but this was a very welcome addition.

If only its stand was of a higher quality to match. :(

Finally ... this is screen accurate! :clap

:lol

I didn't really think about the position of the belt boxes much until I read the posts this morning, even though I was using this image to judge the gap between armour, chest box and belt:

vader%20anh.jpg

Hot Toys' promotional images place the boxes far apart, because they 'boxed' themselves into a corner with the placement of the Velcro.

:lol

I didn't really think about the position of the belt boxes much until I read the posts this morning, even though I was using this image to judge the gap between armour, chest box and belt:

vader%20anh.jpg

Hot Toys' promotional images place the boxes far apart, because they 'boxed' themselves into a corner with the placement of the Velcro.

Great reference picture! I'm using this picture for my vader (also for the pose). About the promotional hot toys picture I'm trying to imagine where saber clip goes....about on his left buttock...:slap:moon

I'll have to try that too. Could get the boxes to slide over. Just have to pop them on at the buckle.

I'm assuming that's the original cape and if so how did you get those crease to show up like that.

Yes, that's all original.

You mean the cape, or the inner robe?

I think the robe has pleats in it.

23983278231_106c534c10_o.jpg

The inner robe is a pain to futz to get it to hang. Seems you have to gently roll it inwards from top to bottom.

btw...anyone has problems with the sound feature? not only the design is crap...but i got the figure 2 days ago, and the sound only worked for a day, i switched off both body and remote, come back next day, switched on both, that's it...no go...Vader went silent.
very frustrating.

Yes. It is. I picked up a dashboard Vader to have sounds. Too much of a pain in the ass for such a seldomly used feature.

Yes, that's all original.

You mean the cape, or the inner robe?

I think the robe has pleats in it.

23983278231_106c534c10_o.jpg

The inner robe is a pain to futz to get it to hang. Seems you have to gently roll it inwards from top to bottom.
Yes the inner robe....mine is iron straight fresh out of the box lmao.

btw...anyone has problems with the sound feature? not only the design is crap...but i got the figure 2 days ago, and the sound only worked for a day, i switched off both body and remote, come back next day, switched on both, that's it...no go...Vader went silent.
very frustrating.

I'm new to collecting and the EpIV Vader is my first. I preordered it mainly for being from ANH but the sound feature seemed great. As most have said, it's an act in frustration installing and listening. Just a poor design.

Here's what I've found re: the sound working; don't let it go to sleep. If I switch it on/off it will work fine. However if I switch it on and let it go to sleep (the 15 minute "feature") it won't work anymore. And the only way to get it to work again is to reinstall the batteries. I love the figure and am hooked on getting more SW figures. But this has been disappointing on their audio design.

Mine finally shipped yesterday and should be here, tomorrow. Don't think I will bother with any of the lights or sound feature. Wish HT would abandon the audio and focus on making the lighting more usable. Really looking forward to the figure that aside, though.

Back