1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could help those in person..Its really like "sliding a coin into a slot" once the bottom battery is inside and flush.

I think a lot of people like me have actual bent springs that is making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get the 2nd battery in place. One of my boxes was a snap. 5 seconds like you. The other.... an hour. And then it doesn't even light up. So I know mine is broken in some way.

I think a lot of people like me have actual bent springs that is making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get the 2nd battery in place. One of my boxes was a snap. 5 seconds like you. The other.... an hour. And then it doesn't even light up. So I know mine is broken in some way.
One of my springs looks squashed, the other curves. Just so I know for sure, top or bottom of the battery touches the spring?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

My feet don't pivot either but he can stand flat on both feet with legs at shoulder-width part.

I've heard a few people say theirs doesn't pivot either; heard no one say theirs does.

I tried that and mine just fell over, so I swapped the boots and he can stand now. The only problem now is that he has his left boot on his right leg, vice versa. I can't get the pegs out to put them on the correct boots, now matter how hard I try. I think I'm going to let them know, to see if I can get replacements.

12%2029%20vader%2001.jpg

My feet don't pivot either but he can stand flat on both feet with legs at shoulder-width part.

I've heard a few people say theirs doesn't pivot either; heard no one say theirs does.

Mine do. Back and forth, side to side.

Mine do. Back and forth, side to side.

And it's time to try this out...

... and it worked! The issue is that they're on pin/post joints (like what's on the hasbro black series figure), not a true ball and socket joint like most other figures. The joint is also ridiculously tight. I had to turn it 180 degrees to fix the issues, but now I'm fully satisfied with the figure!

And it's time to try this out...

... and it worked! The issue is that they're on pin/post joints (like what's on the hasbro black series figure), not a true ball and socket joint like most other figures. The joint is also ridiculously tight. I had to turn it 180 degrees to fix the issues, but now I'm fully satisfied with the figure!

Don't fully follow. If not a ball joint, how do you get the feet to tilt side to side as well as front to back?

He's a heavy figure so its likely a good thing its so tight.

Besides, tight is good.

Don't fully follow. If not a ball joint, how do you get the feet to tilt side to side as well as front to back?

He's a heavy figure so its likely a good thing its so tight.

Besides, tight is good.

Sorry, I'm probably not calling the joint by the right name, but it essentially works like this thing does.
xRail_Knuckle_Joint_1.5_0.jpg,qitok=cCYXiLW2.pagespeed.ic.P6saXCcFHs.jpg

There's a sphere in the middle, split in half. Each half has a peg on it, connecting the leg to the foot. I'm guessing that the peg hole inside the boot is angled to allow the foot to pivot side to side, but if you want side to side pivoting, you won't be able to pivot it forwards, because the part where both halves of the sphere meet are now facing to the side.

Sorry, I'm probably not calling the joint by the right name, but it essentially works like this thing does.
xRail_Knuckle_Joint_1.5_0.jpg,qitok=cCYXiLW2.pagespeed.ic.P6saXCcFHs.jpg

There's a sphere in the middle, split in half. Each half has a peg on it, connecting the leg to the foot. I'm guessing that the peg hole inside the boot is angled to allow the foot to pivot side to side, but if you want side to side pivoting, you won't be able to pivot it forwards, because the part where both halves of the sphere meet are now facing to the side.

So you can't tilt the foot back while simultaneously tilting the foot sideways?

I'm afraid if I twist/bend too much it will snap!

So you can't tilt the foot back while simultaneously tilting the foot sideways?

I'm afraid if I twist/bend too much it will snap!

I think you could a little bit if you angled the ball correctly, but it wouldn't be worth the trouble, or the risk of breaking the joint or tearing the boot.

I think that goes toward the wire, the rounded part toward the spring.

Awesome line-up picture you posted BTW.
Ok, that's what I thought. That's how these usually go, but from what I can tell from the too dark directions it says the opposite of that.

Thanks about my pic.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Sideshow got back to me and said they are replacing Vader's belt...
View attachment 232953
This hasn't been a fun figure so far as I spent hours wrestling with the batteries to test it only to leave it in the box because of the ripped belt. It's odd to have a figure and yet feel like you don't have it as you wait for a part. Glad they are sending me a new belt though.

How do you get the belt off? I got the batteries changed easily enough, but can't get the boxes back on the belt.

Back