1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap welcome to the ANH Vader love-fest.
Of course Paramoremcr88 makes it hard not to get on board...

I would love to see some pics of poses that highlight some of the expressive hands that this comes with. I'm hoping the "gloves" aren't as bad as they look and can be futz to actually look like gloves rather than a gauntlet that covers just the back of the hand.

OK, now you've asked for too much...
lol, I've noticed that most poses I've seen kind of hide the hands, or at least don't draw attention to them- which is a shame because I think gesturing and force grip type of hands really fit Vader's charter and should be an option to pose in a way so they are a focal point. Well, I guess we have that option, but if it doesn't look good doing it then whats the point.

I've seen a few posts of people wanting to sell their SSC Vader "pronto" for this HT version. Good luck with that! I had mine listed in the commerce section for nearly a year before someone bought him and I had the exclusive. I had to undersell to get rid of him. And this was long before this Vader was released. :lol

Woo hoo! Sold my SS Vader pronto and actually broke even!
HT Vader here I come.

I sold my Custom Vader for a fair price... sure probably $100 less than I would have gotten last year, but still made more than I put into him and got to enjoy the figure for a number of years.

I put all these together today for the first time, in a vintage 12 back type of display. It really is a grail collection of SW figures we are getting. Vader & the stormies looks particularly impressive.

I put all these together today for the first time, in a vintage 12 back type of display. It really is a grail collection of SW figures we are getting. Vader & the stormies looks particularly impressive.

I would love to see how your display is set up. I am also wanting to do something that pays homage to the vintage figures.

Gorgeous pic, para. :duff

lol, I've noticed that most poses I've seen kind of hide the hands, or at least don't draw attention to them- which is a shame because I think gesturing and force grip type of hands really fit Vader's charter and should be an option to pose in a way so they are a focal point. Well, I guess we have that option, but if it doesn't look good doing it then whats the point.

The glove design is terrible. I trust though that a Freak or two will come up with a solution, other than say, the Dredd mitts.

Gorgeous pic, para. :duff

The glove design is terrible. I trust though that a Freak or two will come up with a solution, other than say, the Dredd mitts.

Im not too sure about the dredd mitts either. Everyone hated them when they came out. Now they are suppose to be the solution to vader? Im waiting to be convinced.

Im not too sure about the dredd mitts either. Everyone hated them when they came out. Now they are suppose to be the solution to vader? Im waiting to be convinced.

Whatever it is, I hope we're not dropping $100 on a pair of 1/6 gloves. :lol

I would've been happy with a sculpted Force Choke glove, a saber-holding glove and a pair of faux leather, bendy gloves. A couple more sculpted gloves, so that he could hold the saber in both hands, would've been great but not necessary.

What about the old SSC ANH Vader gloves?

I know they're extra long, but you can cut them down a little & then have the exact look for the figure.. potentially. :huh

Back