1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice guys. I may have been a bit dramatic in the heat of the moment, but nothing is actually broken except for the LED arm. That’s why I rather not return it, since I can get a replacement for somewhere around $50 but returning the figure would mean taking the time to ship it back, find the next best deal, which would cost me more than replacing the arm, and then wait for the new one to come in so I’d rather have a partial refund.
And yeah, they do have quite a bit of feedback as a seller (selling figures, statues, comics, games) and it’s 100% positive. I always try to check seller feedback in detail before buying, but I guess you can only do so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be livid with rage if that happened to me, especially because it just seems like it was done in bad faith. But I do understand not wanting the extra hassle of returning it if you can fix the issue easily, even if it costs extra money. I'd still give them hell on feedback...

A few shots:

25667341035_ebe6c6ee4a_b.jpg

25223417294_0fd53099ba_z.jpg

26002834645_0788413110_z.jpg

Well after years of going back and forth, I finally decided to pick this guy up on eBay. He finally came today but I’m far from happy, and I think disgusted better describes how I’m feeling (rant incoming).
So it was never marked as shipped but it got here so no fuss. Little did I know that was only the beginning. The first problem: I open the box it came shipped in and there’s no shipper even though the listing said “with shipper” but hey, it’s just a box no biggie. Then I open the figure box and this is how it’s packed:
d5bb47bfeb7374c1c5049a53baf3c228.jpg

Now personally I prefer everything be in the right place in the box, but I can understand a few hands in the wrong spot. Not the case here as the plastic couldn’t even shut properly. The interrogation droid is shoved in there even though the space is cut perfectly for it, the attachments are just thrown in the bottom, the base was missing the nameplate even though it was attached in the picture (I later found it on the top tray), and the remote is just thrown under the figure. At least the lightsaber was packed nicely right? Except for the red wire sticking out of it because that’s actually the one from the light up arm. I would have been fine with everything else because as annoying as it is, there was nothing broken but breaking the light up arm is unacceptable. It can’t even have been ignorance because the whole arm with hilt is packed separately when you get it, they installed the batteries in the arm implying they understood what it was for and I’m assuming they have the instruction manual since that was nowhere to be found. This person had to rip the hilt out of the hand and possibly even cut the wire if it didn’t come out right away. So yeah, that’s been my experience.
Any advice on what to do? I don’t want to send it back and then have to buy another entire figure but even just giving the guy negative feedback doesn’t feel good enough. I can’t imagine he’ll be excited to just give me a partial refund and I don’t know if PayPal/eBay will do anything except suggest a return.

I know you said you don’t wanna return it, but why? Like honestly everything could be solved with returning it

I think he already said that would be a hassle to then waste time hunting for another at a good price, plus having to ship, etc. If the seller covers the cost of a new arm then that should pretty much solve everything as well.

Well after years of going back and forth, I finally decided to pick this guy up on eBay. He finally came today but I’m far from happy, and I think disgusted better describes how I’m feeling (rant incoming).
So it was never marked as shipped but it got here so no fuss. Little did I know that was only the beginning. The first problem: I open the box it came shipped in and there’s no shipper even though the listing said “with shipper” but hey, it’s just a box no biggie. Then I open the figure box and this is how it’s packed:
d5bb47bfeb7374c1c5049a53baf3c228.jpg

Now personally I prefer everything be in the right place in the box, but I can understand a few hands in the wrong spot. Not the case here as the plastic couldn’t even shut properly. The interrogation droid is shoved in there even though the space is cut perfectly for it, the attachments are just thrown in the bottom, the base was missing the nameplate even though it was attached in the picture (I later found it on the top tray), and the remote is just thrown under the figure. At least the lightsaber was packed nicely right? Except for the red wire sticking out of it because that’s actually the one from the light up arm. I would have been fine with everything else because as annoying as it is, there was nothing broken but breaking the light up arm is unacceptable. It can’t even have been ignorance because the whole arm with hilt is packed separately when you get it, they installed the batteries in the arm implying they understood what it was for and I’m assuming they have the instruction manual since that was nowhere to be found. This person had to rip the hilt out of the hand and possibly even cut the wire if it didn’t come out right away. So yeah, that’s been my experience.
Any advice on what to do? I don’t want to send it back and then have to buy another entire figure but even just giving the guy negative feedback doesn’t feel good enough. I can’t imagine he’ll be excited to just give me a partial refund and I don’t know if PayPal/eBay will do anything except suggest a return.

Unacceptable.

I was going to ask how much you paid, but then that would lead to excusing this somehow if it was lower than retail. No. It was described a certain way and you didn't get what you paid for. And with broken parts! Document it. Send the description of how it appeared in the original listing (with the photos) and of how it was received along with your photos to PayPal and ebay. I would cc the seller as well.
If they advise returning it for a full refund, I would. The whole deal sucks, but would you settle with buying a sandwich with a big bite taken out of it?

Yes, you wanted the figure, but in no way should the seller be rewarded with indifference or inaction for treating a buyer this way.
The figure will turn up again. Somehow, they always do.

I think he already said that would be a hassle to then waste time hunting for another at a good price, plus having to ship, etc. If the seller covers the cost of a new arm then that should pretty much solve everything as well.

Yeah. For reference, the seller had it listed for $250 with $8 shipping but they accepted my offer of $220 plus the shipping. It didn’t seem too good to be true, there was zero indication it had issues, and the seller had all positive feedback, so I bought it.
Currently the cheapest complete listing is $250 with $25 shipping so even if they seller covered the cost of me returning it, I’d still be paying more than if I just bought another arm out of pocket and that’s not factoring in the hassle of returning it.

Start a case with ebay, explain the situation and the broken arm was not described... and ask for a partial refund -- which could pay for a replacement arm for you. See what he offers. 20% refund would be $44 to you. 25% is $55.

If he'll only do 15% then say you'll return it.

He'll crack and pay you what you want because he doesn't want it back, and now he'll have to describe the damage and never get $220.

Start a case with ebay, explain the situation and the broken arm was not described... and ask for a partial refund -- which could pay for a replacement arm for you. See what he offers. 20% refund would be $44 to you. 25% is $55.

If he'll only do 15% then say you'll return it.

He'll crack and pay you what you want because he doesn't want it back, and now he'll have to describe the damage and never get $220.

:lecture Wor-Gar speaks sense. It's a hassle, but the only way to end up feeling like you got a fair deal. If you let it slide you'll most likely be unable to enjoy the figure 'cause it'll be a constant reminder of being ripped off.

I don’t vape in the same room, but it was the best way to achieve the effect I wanted. It’s safer than what will be my attempt at Vader’s funeral pyre.

In the meantime, another one of these two:

25411753750_bae9223f97_b.jpg

25751472896_7aa17d9238_z.jpg

Recently got ANH Vader v1 and kinda concern regarding his body suit. Any issues regarding flaking? Got mine for a steal and I know the issues with the gloves and mine is showing flaking already but still on the hunt foe some R1 gloves or v2 gloves but should I worry about the body suit flaking? Thanks.

Back