1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
''Hot Toys wishes you a great 2015. A new age begins now''

Very ominous. A new age of frustration for any collector who isn't a Marvel or Star Wars fans :lol Yep, before long we'll be sick of Star Wars aswell.

HT are still cranking out the classics alongside the star wars and marvel figures. Just look at the recently announced john matrix figure. Don't worry we'll still get our dose of Terminator, Predator, Robocop and Alien licenses covered.

not very impressive at all. surprised nobody is complaining about the HT pics which look heavily photoshopped,and not just the background. the eyes and front of lid are just not right for ANH. for the price,they should have got this look and it's not there. just looks like another idealized Vader. way too polished also. he was very rough looking in the film
anhvadr.jpg
ANH_VADER_SCREENCAP_2.jpg

I'm dead on a slab from Marvel. Star Wars is gonna be all of next year, which is cool, but I'd like a little Alien/Aliens love too.

I'd be in for Aliens alright, but only Ripley and the marines.

HT are still cranking out the classics alongside the star wars and marvel figures. Just look at the recently announced john matrix figure. Don't worry we'll still get our dose of Terminator, Predator, Robocop and Alien licenses covered.

Maybe. But such optimism isn't conducive to my sarcastic mood at the moment.

It should've been a 2-pack with an Obi to make it more attractive to buy and save a little and get 2 figures at the same time. Vader and Obi together like they did with Solo and Chewie. So what are the accessories, some hands, a lighted saber and a tiny extra droid. Oh and a breathing effect and that's it, all for $300. Doesn't sound like a fair price to me. Had it been for $250, add in a $20 discount code, I would pre-order it, but just for the principle of it I won't now. And sure some people would buy this no matter what the price and that's why HT will continue to up the prices and smile all the way to the bank.

I'm curious to see what the LED saber will be like although I'm not optimistic. Cathodes are way to go.
The breathing effect will be cool though.

Why preorder? This is like the Stormtrooper... there will be thousands. Plenty by the time it ships. Plenty for months and months. Even if they make fewer, the prices are making fewer buyers so there will be plenty.
I thought your theory was that there was a wealthier collector waiting in the wings for every 'regular' collector that leaves/passes? Kidding aside, I doubt these will sit around and get discounted. $300.00 is really not that crazy given the license and character (and in relation to what other figures are going for - eg, Mark XLIII).

It should've been a 2-pack with an Obi to make it more attractive to buy and save a little and get 2 figures at the same time. Vader and Obi together like they did with Solo and Chewie. So what are the accessories, some hands, a lighted saber and a tiny extra droid. Oh and a breathing effect and that's it, all for $300. Doesn't sound like a fair price to me. Had it been for $250, add in a $20 discount code, I would pre-order it, but just for the principle of it I won't now. And sure some people would buy this no matter what the price and that's why HT will continue to up the prices and smile all the way to the bank.
Considering what a custom would (and do) go for, along with the aftermarket price, $280.00 (if you hold out for a coupon) is not really that bad. Thinking you could get it for $230.00, on the other hand, isn't too realistic. These aren't easy to produce and there won't be many made in relation to what companies like Hasbro pump out.

I'm surprised there is no exclusive version....
Exclusive would be nice, but what would it be? Don't recall Vader interacting with anything. I'm just happy we're getting the interrogation droid. Have wanted that in 1:6 for a long while.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link afattori. So tempting but I don't have the funds.....:gah:

No problem man. Steve bills when he arrives. I have 4 to 5 preorders with him, plus 9 flex pays with SSC. 299.99 price tag sucks big time. Even reduced to 290.00 and free shipping, still too high. 250.00 and would have done it by now. When over 275.00 near 300.00 price mark, it really makes you not make a impulse preorder buy for sure or pass all together. Shame HT's current price model.

Just put a pre-order in at BBTS. Seems like someone cancelled because its back on sold out. Figured its a good holding area until I make up my mind if i really want it or if i will wait for the possible ROTJ version.

*prints out and puts on wall*
:lol :lol :lol

Well nothing is shipping. There's like a million things to talk about and nothing in-hand.:dunno:lol
That wasn't my point. It's a chaotic ride on the hype train.

What the hell are you talking about? I pulled that pic straight from Sideshow's Vader page. It's the photo at the lower right, you know, the pic that's supposed to SELL the figure? :slap
Jeez you rile up quick. :lol

So it is, fair enough. It's a crappy pic - that's all I meant, & if I'm being totally honest now, the 'non 1977' attributes of this figure are becoming more of an issue for me. Ah well..

Back