1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno Matrix -- your ANH Vader is so excellent, can't see why you prefer the RO. Maybe because its new.

But your Vader rocks!
But i never said i preferred the R1 version,both have they're pros and cons...but for a 'straight out of the box' stock figure R1 vader needs less work than the ANH version and looks great:)
That looks phenomenal, matrix. Both figures. ANH Vader looks like ANH Vader and R1 Vader looks like R1 Vader. Perfect and accurate representations of the character from each film. :clap

Yeah Matrix, those Vaders look amazing. Might have to steal you RO Vader pose from that last pic!
:duff
Any tips for getting the gloves on? Suit keeps bunching up on mine.
Try twisting the glove from side to side as you put them on

My favorite figure....

20170106_154014.jpg
20170106_154109.jpg

Maybe with the opposite set up would be true. The RO robes are a richer black (part of why I really like them), so maybe if the inner tunic were darker and the outer were lighter it would look off? Not sure. That's part of what I like about matching it with the ANH suit, despite its issues it's a bit more muted than the RO suit so I like the contrast, makes the darker shinier parts pop a bit.

Maybe with the opposite set up would be true. The RO robes are a richer black (part of why I really like them), so maybe if the inner tunic were darker and the outer were lighter it would look off? Not sure. That's part of what I like about matching it with the ANH suit, despite its issues it's a bit more muted than the RO suit so I like the contrast, makes the darker shinier parts pop a bit.

Wait -- so what's ANH in your figure and what's RO?

ANH leather suit with RO belts and boxes?

Wait -- so what's ANH in your figure and what's RO?

ANH leather suit with RO belts and boxes?

ANH: Body, Suit, Inner Robe, Cod Piece, Chest Armor, Chest Box, Boots
RO: Helmet, Gloves, Belt/Boxes, Outer Robe, Shin Guards

Rogue One boots are nicer and have more detail but the opening is too small and causes the pants to bunch up.

ANH: Body, Suit, Inner Robe, Cod Piece, Chest Armor, Chest Box, Boots
RO: Helmet, Gloves, Belt/Boxes, Outer Robe, Shin Guards

Rogue One boots are nicer and have more detail but the opening is too small and causes the pants to bunch up.

Pretty much the set up I'm planning once I grab him after work. Also planning on modding the chest armor a bit more ANHish and helmet too if it needs(I do like the shine on the RO dome). Does the dome sit lower than the ANH one?

Ah, OK, good match up. Looks great!

:duff Thanks, Wor!

Pretty much the set up I'm planning once I grab him after work. Also planning on modding the chest armor a bit more ANHish and helmet too if it needs(I do like the shine on the RO dome). Does the dome sit lower than the ANH one?

I think it sits at a similar height, but the paint around the eyes makes it less surprised looking so lowering doesn't seem as necessary. Here are a couple shots in natural light. One of my biggest issues with the ANH one was that I always thought he looked great in natural light, but then under the detolf lights the helmet looked a bit too matte and gray. I'd love to see some weathered versions of the RO helmet, that would probably look great.

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

Yeah there should hopefully be a way to scuff up that RO dome very slightly, without making it too overly matte and grayish like the ANH dome.

I'm not exactly sure how, but hopefully someone will come up with an idea. :)

Did anyone have an issue with one of the shoulder guards coming off ? Looks like the glue dried out anyone experience that with Vader out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, SS! :duff

I reluctantly picked up the entire figure after seeing a couple people commenting that the gloves would be impossible to get ahold of parted out. I wasn't convinced that would be true but then the figure sold out really quickly.

I also wanted to at least try out all the different parts as outside the gloves I wasn't sure which if any I'd prefer to the ANH versions. It's sort of a weird hybrid I've settled on but I'm very happy with it. Since I'm using all the glossy parts I'm considering also picking up the ROTJ sideshow chest/belt box and gloves to be able to go for that look once in a while.

I'm considering to swap my ss anh belt boxes with ht anh. Someone have both and can post a comparision pics? Are ht boxes smaller or bigger compared to ss? I'd be happy even with a close pics of ht boxes. Thanks...:)

Attachments

• IMG_20170109_001914.jpg
    IMG_20170109_001914.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 203
Back