1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS Fett isn't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall it's really nice quality-wise - it's mostly the green they chose and the figure's body shape that ruins it for me, even stuff like the chest armor and helmet shape aside. People rag on the figure a bit but a lot of the parts are really amazingly well done (backpack, gauntlets and boots are great.)

Sideshow should be commended for the paint job on the helmet of Boba fett, better than some 1:1 prop replicas i've seen.

:lol Pretty much. Was never a fan of the body and stubby arms. Hot Toys putting up the 1/4 Fett doesn't help either. In general their proportions are much better, but after seeing the QS, the version on my shelf just sucks.

I just changed out the body on the SS Fett with a true-type body...Figure looks great to me...Course before that all we had was Hasbro's version, Kenner's original, and Marmit (which wasn't bad)...So not much to base the SS version on...But I too am drooling with anticipation of a HT Fett...

I just changed out the body on the SS Fett with a true-type body...Figure looks great to me...Course before that all we had was Hasbro's version, Kenner's original, and Marmit (which wasn't bad)...So not much to base the SS version on...But I too am drooling with anticipation of a HT Fett...

Can we see pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. Massive improvement. :clap

Was it easy to switch out? Kind of tempted to do the same for my display to hold me over until HT. Which TT did you use?

Last edited:
Damn. Massive improvement. :clap

Was it easy to switch out? Kind of tempted to do the same for my display to hold me over until HT. Which TT did you use?

Thanks Cap...It was not that hard to switch out, no...Biggest thing was the chest armor...I had to have a friend tailor it for me so it fit better...I honestly don't remember which TT body I used...I know it wasn't the muscular one....Truetype slim I think....

The neck ball on the body fits the hole in the Fett helmet ok...But I actually just have the helmet sitting on the neck loose in the photos...Stays in place, so it's all good...

I really like the base for the Sideshow Boba. It was part of why I wanted the figure but after getting burned on eBay trying to buy it I'll just wait for Hot Toys to release theirs. On topic, the NRD plus two payments are down for Vader. Three to go, hopefully he arrives in a timely fashion.

Back