1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been on the fence about ordering this one, but it did look really good in person. The figure had a real presence, unlike the 2 Sideshow figures that have odd proportions here and there. This one at least looks very good all around, even if some of the finer details are not 100%

I have a feeling HT will makes some tweaks before the release and I'm sure they'll release an even better figure for ESB.

I've been on the fence about ordering this one, but it did look really good in person. The figure had a real presence, unlike the 2 Sideshow figures that have odd proportions here and there. This one at least looks very good all around, even if some of the finer details are not 100%

I have a feeling HT will makes some tweaks before the release and I'm sure they'll release an even better figure for ESB.

I hope so.

Just ordered :) not missing out on this one, it's a Hot Toys Vader, and I know it will be quality in hand.

Huh, I hadn't noticed before, but it looks like they actually DID make the mask fairly asymmetrical. Maybe not as extreme as on the real mask, but when you reverse the image it's definitely clear that they did.

View attachment 181846

Just too bad they got the mask so close, but not the dome.

I noticed this as well! Slightly asymmetrical.

For something that costs so much... they really should get it right and treat it like a human likeness.

Did a little manip - not perfect - of what I see wrong with the dome. Had my friend StarWars Collector make it into a gif showing the before and after.

dXJUnBs.gif

Yes very good!

That Boba Fett looks awesome...must resist...be nice if they announce a 1/6 version so i wouldn't have to worry.

Back