1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to go easy on the Star Wars collecting because it can be such a rabbit hole, but after I picked up ROTJ Luke I saw that Chewie was on sale, and I had $50 in rewards ready to go ... suffice it to say 'Chewie rocks'.

041a.jpg

052a.jpg

053a.jpg

057a.jpg

I've been trying to go easy on the Star Wars collecting because it can be such a rabbit hole, but after I picked up ROTJ Luke I saw that Chewie was on sale, and I had $50 in rewards ready to go ... suffice it to say 'Chewie rocks'.

041a.jpg

052a.jpg

053a.jpg

057a.jpg
It looks like some animatronic from ShowBiz Pizza wearing a pseudo 4th Doctor get up. Like if Fats Gorilla and Billy Bob had a baby��

I tried to replicate the Bespin Chewie + C3PO with net backpack set... followed user matrix he did it before.

yes ago 2018 Untitled-1.jpg

How much depth do you need to display this figure without the stand? Asking as I’m looking at using a shadow box to display some 6th scale SW figures. Thanks!

Hi! it's the Tamashii, dirtied up by FX laboratory, a custom artist based in Spain.

I am very happy with it, thanks for the nice words!

Is that a R1 helmet on the ANH trooper? Looks solid, which release is it, Hantrooper or regular? Biggest issue for me is the body proportions on the R1 trooper figures.

And yeah, R2 looks fantastic. :clap

Thanks!

Yes, its the R1 helmet on the first Hot Toys ANH trooper release. Tall one.

It works better as the stormtrooper in my mind...

I love the body proportions of the ANH troopers, but there was something on the helmets that did not work for me. Rogue One helmet is more similar to my image of stormtroopers, at least the helmet.

Not perfect, but nothing “throws me out” when I look at it.

Partasmaniac ... does the Leia figure come with the white shoes ? The pictures
I’ve seen have her in the snow boots. Also, could you kindly point me in the direction of your C3PO parts & net setup for Chewie :) Thanks love this photo !!!!!

I'm still amazed how HT managed to do pretty well with this Chewie and take such a step back with TFA Chewie lol

I'm still amazed how HT managed to do pretty well with this Chewie and take such a step back with TFA Chewie lol

Yeah, I've only seen the TFA Chewy in a LCS a few times, but it really was staggering just how bad the face looked in person. The ANH face most definitely has its problems too, but its like a 7.5/10 for me, while the TFA is like a 4/10. I really thought when Solo (where Chewy's almost a main character) was upcoming HT would surely give us the "definitive" 1/6 Chewy, but alas - nope.

I actually recently bought a THIRD ANH Chewy - only because it was $140 shipped (I've actually never paid more than $220 shipped for any of my Chewies - not sure how I did that) - and the face actually looks a bit better than my first two. I do seem to recall some being better than others, but I noticed it as soon as I took it out. Nothing massive, but it just somehow looks more screen accurate, less beak-like.

I now have on display a "3PO backpack" Chewy for my ESB display, a Chewy standing next to smuggler Han for SW, and this new one I've redone the forehead hair to look ROTJ style and put a chain/loop on him for Jabba's palace ROTJ Chewy next to Bousshh. All OT Chewies now taken care of.:yess:

Now I just need to finally get around to redoing/modding the faces - something I've planned but put off ever since I got my first one. Except now I have THREE to do.:lol

Partasmaniac ... does the Leia figure come with the white shoes ? The pictures
I’ve seen have her in the snow boots. Also, could you kindly point me in the direction of your C3PO parts & net setup for Chewie :) Thanks love this photo !!!!!

Sure, Leia comes only with the snow boots, I used the ANH Leia boots on my Hoth Leia. Knockoff boots, to be honest.

3PO parts are just the Tamashii 3PO, it is easy to make him into pieces and to build him again.

And the net, you can find it on ebay. It's an old Hasbro 1/6 Chewbacca net.

Yeah, I've only seen the TFA Chewy in a LCS a few times, but it really was staggering just how bad the face looked in person. The ANH face most definitely has its problems too, but its like a 7.5/10 for me, while the TFA is like a 4/10. I really thought when Solo (where Chewy's almost a main character) was upcoming HT would surely give us the "definitive" 1/6 Chewy, but alas - nope.

I actually recently bought a THIRD ANH Chewy - only because it was $140 shipped (I've actually never paid more than $220 shipped for any of my Chewies - not sure how I did that) - and the face actually looks a bit better than my first two. I do seem to recall some being better than others, but I noticed it as soon as I took it out. Nothing massive, but it just somehow looks more screen accurate, less beak-like.

I now have on display a "3PO backpack" Chewy for my ESB display, a Chewy standing next to smuggler Han for SW, and this new one I've redone the forehead hair to look ROTJ style and put a chain/loop on him for Jabba's palace ROTJ Chewy next to Bousshh. All OT Chewies now taken care of.:yess:

Now I just need to finally get around to redoing/modding the faces - something I've planned but put off ever since I got my first one. Except now I have THREE to do.:lol

I would like to see your ROTJ Chewbacca. I have thought about getting a second one to do a ROTJ version.

Still loving my ANH Chewbacca..

20181208_161604.jpg

This is my Chewy #2 in ESB mode with some other Bespin figs. While the face is such a struggle to get looking right, I do like how posable the fur is, even the stuff that's kind of glued down on the face. I will get to doing a complete redo of one of my Chewy's faces, but it'll likely be the one I have in ANH mode.

The 3PO arm at their feet should be a hint about the shorter fig that's about to join them. My camera always does weird things with lighting when its a combo of daylight and artificial.:gah:

Xx75riP.jpg

About two months ago I bought a third HT Chewy (all three have been great deals in the $220 range shipped, the third was an insane $160 shipped) that to my eye has a somewhat better facial look than my previous two. Whether there were "batches" or just random issues it surprised me. I'll try to post some comp pics later.

I will be getting my 3rd version of Chewie in the mail Friday.
My fav character and an awesome HT figure.
I would love to get the TFA one eventually just to see what I could work with to make him look pretty awesome.

Jeremy Bulloch officer? Nice!

Beneremy Cumbulloch as Lt Sheckil. Nicely done! :)

Thanks! :duff Only ones left to finish for my Bespin hallway display are the stormtrooper using the more accurate custom stunt-type helmet and an Ugnaught (whose little suitcase is proving to be a total pain:lol)

And I looked everywhere for a head that looked like Bulloch and settled on the BenCumb head widened and with grey/blonde hair. Bulloch was tricky to match.:lol

This is my Chewy #2 in ESB mode with some other Bespin figs. While the face is such a struggle to get looking right, I do like how posable the fur is, even the stuff that's kind of glued down on the face. I will get to doing a complete redo of one of my Chewy's faces, but it'll likely be the one I have in ANH mode.

The 3PO arm at their feet should be a hint about the shorter fig that's about to join them. My camera always does weird things with lighting when its a combo of daylight and artificial.:gah:

Xx75riP.jpg

About two months ago I bought a third HT Chewy (all three have been great deals in the $220 range shipped, the third was an insane $160 shipped) that to my eye has a somewhat better facial look than my previous two. Whether there were "batches" or just random issues it surprised me. I'll try to post some comp pics later.

i see you used the slave leia head as a bespin escape leia. that`s what i did as well. what boots did you get to use for leia?

Back