1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking Chewie, therethere! Yours is one that gives me hope. I think I would've already gotten one if it wasn't for the fact that I kinda impulse-bought the TFA version. I do think the ANH version beats the TFA version in almost every aspect (mind you, I'm basing this off of pics since I only own the TFA version), but I think the TFA version has better flowing fur. Maybe it's a different style of faux fur? Based on pics, the ANH fur seems to look a bit like the fur is randomly glued onto the head. I'm sure anybody who owns both can probably chime in way better than me.

I also started the C3po backpack mod. Anybody else wonder about his crotch piece? Where did it go? It wasn't in the netting of the backpack anywhere that I could tell. Did they leave it on Bespin? were there more on the Falcon? like back-up underwear maybe.

the kid in me still wants to know such things

I wondered the same about the crouch piece. Once I realised its not there, I sawed it off the C3P0 and chucked that bit in the bin.

Ha! I did the same thing with my C3po crotch!

I have been watching the scenes in ESB over and over trying to figure out how to best display him on Chewie's back. I noticed that from scene to scene the parts are kinda all over the place.

I got one of those TFA 3PO's for about $20 and so tore it apart and made it into a 3PO backpack for one of my HT Chewies (still haven't done any of the mods to either of my ANH CHewies - hopefully by the end of the year.) Felt like this was a nice placeholder until HT does a Chewy with backpack 3PO.

h98MblY.jpg

5jjatzo.jpg

Surprisingly, it really is a nice centerpiece for an ESB shelf (the HT stand is just temporary - I'm probably using the Bespin Freeze stand that came with IG-88.) Because Sideshow Lando is showing his age a bit, I may pose him/them in the "Chewy chokes Lando" pose.

ejBOM3f.jpg

That looks stellar! What did you use for the netting?

I also started the C3po backpack mod. Anybody else wonder about his crotch piece? Where did it go? It wasn't in the netting of the backpack anywhere that I could tell. Did they leave it on Bespin? were there more on the Falcon? like back-up underwear maybe.

the kid in me still wants to know such things

I wondered the same about the crouch piece. Once I realised its not there, I sawed it off the C3P0 and chucked that bit in the bin.

I mulled the same thing and was going to cut the crotch/hips part out but it just felt like the 3PO torso wouldn't stand up straight in the backpack without it, so I left it on. When you really take a close look at the movie screenshots, there is actually no clear shot definitely proving whether it is there or not. It's possible it's there in some form but is really burnt/blackened so lost in the shadows.

It certainly doesn't seem to be in that bin/bucket that Chewy carries in, but he's got it at the very end, so feels a bit weird leaving it out. I like the "back up undies" thing.:rotfl

I saw a guy who had made a full size 3PO removed limbs and he had sort of like a blackened Terminator/robot spine part where the crotch part goes, but in the end I felt like HT will eventually do a 3PO backpack when they do an ESB Chewy (no other major accessory really goes with Chewy) so it wasn't worth going too far with a custom one.

That looks stellar! What did you use for the netting?

Thanks.:duff All I did was started saving all the vege/fruit bags from the grocery store and finally found one that had approximately the right look.

One thing I'd recommend everyone do is glue the 3PO parts together - once in the bag, it becomes a bit of a nightmare to get everything to sit just right. Glued together he sits in there nice and snug even when Chewy is reposed.

Surpised more people aren't doing this custom - you can do it very cheaply/simply (or you can go much further if you choose with wires, paint etc) and it makes the HT Chewy really pop on the shelf. Turns him from a "next to Han" fig to more like a centerpiece fig.

I mulled the same thing and was going to cut the crotch/hips part out but it just felt like the 3PO torso wouldn't stand up straight in the backpack without it, so I left it on. When you really take a close look at the movie screenshots, there is actually no clear shot definitely proving whether it is there or not. It's possible it's there in some form but is really burnt/blackened so lost in the shadows.

It certainly doesn't seem to be in that bin/bucket that Chewy carries in, but he's got it at the very end, so feels a bit weird leaving it out. I like the "back up undies" thing.:rotfl

I saw a guy who had made a full size 3PO removed limbs and he had sort of like a blackened Terminator/robot spine part where the crotch part goes, but in the end I felt like HT will eventually do a 3PO backpack when they do an ESB Chewy (no other major accessory really goes with Chewy) so it wasn't worth going too far with a custom one.

Thanks.:duff All I did was started saving all the vege/fruit bags from the grocery store and finally found one that had approximately the right look.

One thing I'd recommend everyone do is glue the 3PO parts together - once in the bag, it becomes a bit of a nightmare to get everything to sit just right. Glued together he sits in there nice and snug even when Chewy is reposed.

Surpised more people aren't doing this custom - you can do it very cheaply/simply (or you can go much further if you choose with wires, paint etc) and it makes the HT Chewy really pop on the shelf. Turns him from a "next to Han" fig to more like a centerpiece fig.

I couldn't find a decent net so decided to just have Chewie hold him. I'm pretending its the stage between Chewie trying to put him back together and carrying him in the net :lol

Talibane, if you don't mind, can you confirm if this is the C3PO you used?

Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Aw...039250&sr=8-9&keywords=c3po+the+force+awakens

Yeah, that's him, though you can find them loose on ebay (mine was maybe $20 loose including the R5-type droid -didn't need BB and saved on shipping with loose.) Haven't checked in a while though.

It's a really very nice sculpt, though about 5-10% undersized, especially in the legs. He's only a bit over 11" in height, the reason why I broke him up.

I can post a list of mods that I did to it to turn it into the backpack 3PO.

Talibane, fantastic work.

I also think painting the lips add a lot to improving the overall look.

View attachment 360694

Chaka, your's one of the best here! I followed this thread for a long time and your Chewbacca inspired me to pull the trigger.

In the other hand... I'm from Mexico and I know I'm to late to the party... but finally here there is!

Hope you like it!

chewie.jpgchewie1.jpgchewie2.jpgchewie3.jpg

Chakaman that hightlighted upper lip looks great. Yours as well Geraldfire great looking Chewies. 2 of the best I've seen 👍🏽👍🏽

Yeah, very nice Chewies guys!

Reminds me I really need to get modding on my Chewies (I have two, only because I managed to get them quite cheap.)

Talibane that Bespin Guard is awesome! Where did you get the outfit?

Thanks! Everything is custom built (with SSC Boots, HT body, DID white undershirt, DamToys head/hands - I have alternate chubby 'stache guard head from ESB Kenner fig.)

Super difficult to get really good reference on stuff like the helmet, holster and piping, but I'm now more of an expert on Nemrod holsters than most of the Fett costume builders on the RPF.:lol (Fett and Besp G holsters are quite similar) The holster, blaster and helmet I had to build totally from scratch. Most difficult custom I've ever done - no weathering to cover up errors or joins.

Just waiting on a loan of an SLR camera to take/post some pics. I'm sculpting an Ugnaught now and prepping a CC pilot to go with the guard.

Talibane, fantastic work.

I also think painting the lips add a lot to improving the overall look.

View attachment 360694

Wow! This is a stunning Chewy, Chris. I am going to have to PM you on this one, my father bought one for my birthday...and early present. He really wanted me to enjoy my Star Wars passion. He knows how much it reminds me of my childhood with my dad. Anyway, this will look great in my Joost Death Star Hallway. I need to track down a good Han sculpt too.

Yikes. That's an old picture of my chewie. It's all about futzing the fur until you are happy with it. I always look at different pictures to get the look. My chewie looks so much different since that picture was taken! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back