1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whomever came up with the toothbrush idea thanks. It's a miracle worker. I think the key is getting the forearm hair to droop down and take out some of the darker hair that's on the top of the body. I just opened this a couple of days ago but I think this extremely well done.

Just curious on what everyones speculation is for another Chewbacca release for the Han Solo movie. I just don't see them doing a 3rd version (unless it's ROTS). So perhaps they'll re-re-release this version?

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think the design of the one in the movie will look like/similar to the TFA version. Even though you'd think it would look like OT Chewie, but I doubt it. Seems like it's just impossible for the movie industry to replicate that mask, or they simply for the hell of it (like with the RO Stormtroopers) want to make a different one each time.

Of course they'll release another Chewbacca.

And another Vader, since he makes an appearance.
IMA buy real dread locks and wrap it around the neck to give him that primitive look. & yup bought the other bandolier on ebay because I like it better.lol
911b9f590e9e0d1fcfc4bd628528ad83.jpg

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

And yeah, when I combed him, I did it very lightly at a angle CU's I didn't want to apply the ripped hair back in with one of them wig tools

anyone interested in a TFA Chewie could be interested, I guess...

View attachment 337009

this looks pretty awesome to me.
Tfa bandolier is all I need. Around The elbows and knees. The hair doesn't blend in that well compared to this one. And the mouth looks like a puppet in a way:/ I would totally shave it and use it to make dress for this one
88f2898b67b90de1d43e2e91035d4700.jpg

I got one of those TFA 3PO's for about $20 and so tore it apart and made it into a 3PO backpack for one of my HT Chewies (still haven't done any of the mods to either of my ANH CHewies - hopefully by the end of the year.) Felt like this was a nice placeholder until HT does a Chewy with backpack 3PO.

h98MblY.jpg

5jjatzo.jpg

Surprisingly, it really is a nice centerpiece for an ESB shelf (the HT stand is just temporary - I'm probably using the Bespin Freeze stand that came with IG-88.) Because Sideshow Lando is showing his age a bit, I may pose him/them in the "Chewy chokes Lando" pose.

ejBOM3f.jpg

looks awesome TaliBane. how did you put the back pack on chewiey. with out it falling down? the threepo I used was my old medicom threepo

Hey GG - I put a little loop around Chewy's neck with a glued hook and latched onto the net-bag's rope. In that pose, Chewy can actually stand fine with 3PO on his back. It's pretty balanced for some reason.

Good use for your Medi 3PO! I glued some of the 3PO pieces together because otherwise all the pieces go everywhere when you repose Chewy.

I would love a bespin guard yours looks awesome great job on him :clap

Yeah, I'll post some better pics of him once I've futzed him a bit. Waiting on some fabric tape to get the jacket to close (which I think is how they closed the real costume jackets - there's no fasteners on the 1:1.) I have an alternate head that's the moustached slightly heavier Bespin Guard.

I'm sculpting an Ugnaught right now - the pig one (not the one that looks a bit like Phillip Seymour Hoffman with a skin condition) - and I'm pulling together materials for a Cloud Car Pilot.

Goin' deep into ESB.:lol

Chewbacca has got to be the strangest figure I've seen in all of my years collecting. I don't know how this figure can look so different from pic to pic. The facial structure, fur color, eye placement, etc. seem all so different. Also, it goes for both figures. I scored a TFA Chewie loose to customize and it looks NOTHING like the pics I've seen online of other people's figures. I saw a Youtuber comment where they said the TFA Chewie looks like "cat taxidermy" and in most pics, that is painfully true. I've yet to see any really good looking pics of TFA Chewie and mine does not look as light as others. I don't own the ANH Chewie, I go back and forth on whether I should pic it up or not do to how hit or miss it appears from photo to photo. Some people have an ANH Chewie that ends up looking just like the real deal and some look like Shaq in POTA or a shrunken Pomeranian head. One thing I do know is that HT messed up the actual facial structure on both versions. Getting the head shape wrong is brutal when considering the price of these things. They should just re-do the heads and send us all replacement heads for free for the money we drop on their stuff. The ANH Chewie prototype was amazing looking.

I need to get some pics of mine and post them in here. I'm wondering how my photos will turn out. I haven't tried photographing the TFA Chewie at all yet.

20170815_220539.jpg20170815_220601.jpg Thought I would also throw up my "bits and pieces" C3P0 with Chewie. Just a cheap Hasbro C3P0 that I ripped apart and weathered.

I think die's observation is very accurate. I've been pretty critical of, and on the fence about getting, the Chewbacca figure because of the inconsistencies with his appearance. But some of the futzes here gave me some hope and I finally caved and bought one. As to die's observation, I was a bit concerned I would get a really weird looking Chewie out of the box. I'm relieved & pleased to say that the figure looks great and I'm really happy with this one. A couple of (pre-futz) straight out of the box quickie cellphone photos.

IMG_8577.JPG

IMG_8578.JPG

Yep I agree. I sat on the fence for a long time too, then got a ANH Chewie.

He's one of the coolest figures I have. There's just something great about looking at him on the shelf with the full real hair. Direct recognition.

And with a bit of minimal futzing of the facial hair with the fingers he looks great !

Great looking Chewie, therethere! Yours is one that gives me hope. I think I would've already gotten one if it wasn't for the fact that I kinda impulse-bought the TFA version. I do think the ANH version beats the TFA version in almost every aspect (mind you, I'm basing this off of pics since I only own the TFA version), but I think the TFA version has better flowing fur. Maybe it's a different style of faux fur? Based on pics, the ANH fur seems to look a bit like the fur is randomly glued onto the head. I'm sure anybody who owns both can probably chime in way better than me.

I also started the C3po backpack mod. Anybody else wonder about his crotch piece? Where did it go? It wasn't in the netting of the backpack anywhere that I could tell. Did they leave it on Bespin? were there more on the Falcon? like back-up underwear maybe.

the kid in me still wants to know such things

Back