1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e618dee259a2fa837ea8605328ab505b.jpg

257a63a9fc7dfa422e14e15f52e566b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

^^Chewie is looking good, BuGz!

I decided to pull the whole head forward and aim the chin down and now I am really happy with it. That small change in the head has made the whole torso/posture just 'work' for me now. Very pleased. :)

I followed your tip and it really does help with the posture. :duff

647960070ca01a920fae7211ea6fc08d.jpg

Same here, Cap'n. Thanks for the suggestion. Made a big difference in my display, too. Sometimes it's the simplest things that make the biggest difference.

Haha and there I was thinking it was something everyone had figured out and I finally had. :lol

Glad it helped out. Loving that photo TonTon. :duff

Last edited:
What are the chances we'll get an Empire Strikes Back Chewie?

I just don't see that happening. I mean we don't really have a 'New Hope' Chewie technically in my opinion..we have an Original Trilogy Chewbacca. Since you can futz with him till your hearts content to get him in which look you want. I mean, even in the first two movies you saw moments were Chewie's hair was parting (like in ROTJ). I think it's more likely they'll have a break-apart 3PO with net so you can have one of your Chewbacca's with an ESB look carrying him around - As opposed to releasing this figure once again, but with a slightly different fur look/different colors.

I think they'll stick with the 3 Chewbacca looks: OT, The New Trilogy and eventually a ROTS one. Making variations with existing figures just isn't as cost effective as simply just doing a straight up re-release. However, newer versions (as has already been present), may have slight variations; but nothing intentional I would imagine.

That's from ROTS??? I thought that left most pic was used for Halloween costume adverts!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and not in a good way. Right, Cap'n? To me, that looks like it should be a pic from the CG animated Clone Wars show... Not a major title entry in the Star Wars movies.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Even though new coke Chewie looks leaps and bounds better than prequel Chewie; I still don't care too much for the new one. For one, it's 99.9% not Peter Mayhew. And why would they blonde Chewbacca up and make him look a hundred or so years younger? From what I can tell, the only alterations made to him in the OT was different colored lips and the nose got darker/glossier.

Instead of re-releasing the 'New Hope' Chewie, they should have slapped Empire Strikes Back on the box..and had it come with the dismembered 3PO w/net. Then have the exclusive come with the breathing respirator.

Back