1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, I don't know if this has been commented before, but I rewatched the original STAR WARS (1977) and I realised that there is some nudity on it!

Chewie apparently takes off his ammo belt, bandolier, when they are getting ready to depart Mos Eisley in a hurry... he only seems to put it on again, once they are jumping into light speed.

:panic:

vlcsnap-2016-09-03-21h42m23s637.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-09-03-21h42m04s920.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-09-03-21h43m48s582.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-09-03-21h44m33s501.jpg

I have bought this guy.

I am slowly reading this thread, thank you guys for the futzing tips... I will get better slowly... this is how my wookie looks so far.

image.jpg

Playing with my Wookie...

About 30 mins of combing makes a HUGE difference. Getting better and better:

c9c21116fa4cafe3bcc40c82e5012032.jpg

No paint/makeup, just the natural hair on the figure. It's a TON better than what you see when you open it. Which looks like a monkey :lol

Last edited:
Playing with my Wookie...

About 30 mins of combing makes a HUGE difference. Getting better and better:

c9c21116fa4cafe3bcc40c82e5012032.jpg

No paint/makeup, just the natural hair on the figure. It's a TON better than what you see when you open it. Which looks like a monkey :lol

Now that's a great lookin wookie! No paint modification on mine either. Just a lot of futzing. A small flat head screw driver like the one on a micro Leatherman (along with a bit of water) works wonders on breaking up the glue around the muzzle. Another quick and easy thing to do is taking the bandolier strap off, put a T-shirt over it and iron it. It will make the sling hang naturally.

I'm brand new to the Tapatalk/uploading pics on here from my phone. FINALLY figured it out. I know the lighting is off/bad. I'm gonna try and take some better pics of my Chewie....those older ones I uploaded don't capture my hard work[emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm brand new to the Tapatalk/uploading pics on here from my phone. FINALLY figured it out. I know the lighting is off/bad. I'm gonna try and take some better pics of my Chewie....those older ones I uploaded don't capture my hard work[emoji853]

6a2e66fe17cd00969dfd053bcadd58d0.jpg
f0cd6d097fb460219f6d54d810b3e6fb.jpg
f4c05ecfd02397d5c75f905dc0b17cf8.jpg

I'm sure this has been discussed, but one 'fatal flaw' in the HT design is how the hair is glued to the face. The hair *should* originate from his eyes, going downward, not from his muzzle. Makes it difficult/impossible to get 100% correct look.

412761054.jpg

Still a killer figure, and one of my favorites. :)

Agreed Craig. But I still think the way this figure turned out is a minor miracle in itself. I never thought as a kid back in 77 that we would ever get anything as good as this. A lot of my dreams are slowly becoming realities with this HT Line.

The eyes themselves or area around eyes?

If you look at most movie stills, you can't see his eyes that well. The figure definitely needs highlight to the hair, via paint or makeup, to make the eye area look right.

Back