1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you try to get movie still accurate, maybe just futz until you get a look you like unless of course the look you like is a movie still. Chewie has many looks that are fun and I think that's why it's so hard to get Chewie to look like Chewie. Huge Chewie fan here and I gasped for air when I jumped on Sideshow's site the day he went up for pre-order. I was working alot at that time so I had no idea he was even being made. I don't like Han Solo but he is a must next to Chewie. Chewie and Stormtrooper (3 3/4") were the first figures I got in 78', back when the toys came out after the movie. Those were the days....and so are these.

Kinda tempted to give my Chewy a bit of "tummy". Anybody ever strip Chewy down?

No need to strip him down to give him the "belly" he shows in the photo above. There's more than enough fur in the lower torso area. A combination of combing it out, inserting the pick end (handle) of the supplied comb into the undercoat and lifting sections away, plus using your fingers to pinch and style the area, will bulk him up. I actually did that with mine.

I need to come in here and look at your pics more often Paramore.
Almost considered selling all my stuff today.
***n bills!

I did some more work on my Chewbacca....

2016-02-22 17.23.52.jpg
2016-02-22 17.24.19.jpg

I dunno, I may need to lighten up the fur below the chin. It's an ongoing process. :)

I think it's a good start but right now Chewie is sporting a goatee.

Totally agree with you. Like I said, still working on him.

As you said, chin probably needs some attention. What are you using? I have yet to do any colour work on mine; wasn't sure if I was keeping it, but it's starting to look like I will.

I agree. Its more noticeable in the picture. I am using watered down acrylics.

^ LOL nice! Looks like Marty's getting a little frisky in that first shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back