1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. :)

Yes. If the paint gets too thick, I add water and comb it out. The fur still ends up taking some of the paint and giving it the desired look for the most part. In the areas I had to add water, I did go back and add more light brown. I darkened the area around the eyes too.

Oh, I also painted the nose and repainted the lips.

You just used thinned acrylics? Did you basically dry brush onto the hair or was the paint watery but very thinned? Just wondering about the consistency because I'm a bit fearful of clogging/clumping the hairs together making it matted.

You just used thinned acrylics? Did you basically dry brush onto the hair or was the paint watery but very thinned? Just wondering about the consistency because I'm a bit fearful of clogging/clumping the hairs together making it matted.

The acrylics are watered down. It took a few applications, I didn't want to overdo it. Take your time. If the fur mattes or clumps on you, just quickly comb it out.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is what I did.

The acrylics are watered down. It took a few applications, I didn't want to overdo it. Take your time. If the fur mattes or clumps on you, just quickly comb it out.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is what I did.

Thanks. Just need to get up the courage now.:lol

Once painted, can the fur be re-positioned, or is it really just a layer on the outermost fur, so if moved at all, you see the darker fur underneath? I guess it depends on how much the paint soaks in.

Thanks. Just need to get up the courage now.:lol

Once painted, can the fur be re-positioned, or is it really just a layer on the outermost fur, so if moved at all, you see the darker fur underneath? I guess it depends on how much the paint soaks in.

Yes, it depends on how much paint you use. You can move the fur once its painted, but some of the darker fur will probably show up unless you painted it thoroughly.

I tried to separate the fur as I painted it. This way I was painting not just the top layer but some of the fur underneath as well.

What brand do you use? Thanks for the tip!

Sure, no probem.

I use soft bodied acrylics from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I forget the name brand. "Basics" maybe?

I am moving Chewbacca to a different spot in my display with better light. Our heroes now await the arrival of a Princess.....

2016-02-25 16.43.07.jpg

Hi everyone.

My contribution.
I did some futzing and did a subtle head repaint by brushing acrylic paint yesterday.
I was fortunate to match his lighter fur on the rest the body the first try. So now he has a more accurate color scheme to the original prop. Lighter face. Darker mustache and upper part of his head without overdoing it.

Next I'm going to darken around his eyes and possibly paint the eyes blue.

Not the best pics, so lets here some constructive criticism.

IMG_8789.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg
IMG_8796.jpg
IMG_8803.jpg
IMG_8807.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8810.jpg
    IMG_8810.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 288
Thanks.

Trying to keep as anh as possible. Too much feathering would up more like rotj

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some wonderful pictures. I still find it hard to believe this figure actually exists.

I finally have a Chewie coming my way. Expensive, but looking at these pictures, I think I'll be glad I did. Nice work everyone.

That's not all that's coming your way. :) But let me warn you... Don't let his appearance when you first open the box shock you, just push through it, take him out and immediately tussle the fur a bit.

Back