1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great to me man.

Thanks! This is my second attempt at a look for Chewie. I'm leaving it for now until I can figure out a way to make the head look a little leaner. When I've tried, the hair just looks flat and the face looks squashed sort of.

I like what you did there chobits. That's the kind of the look I wanted to get, but the face on mine keeps turning out a little too wide.

Make him look taller if you want to downplay that. If he's crouched that might accentuate the size of the head but if you make him pretty tall it might look more proportional. Just a thought.

Make him look taller if you want to downplay that. If he's crouched that might accentuate the size of the head but if you make him pretty tall it might look more proportional. Just a thought.

He was partly crouched in the picture, but the angle made him look smaller. I noticed that when viewing the pictures again on my computer after uploading them with my phone. He's standing taller on my shelf though. From where I'm sitting at on the couch he looks pretty good. Head still looks too wide, but I'm satisfied for now until I get the urge to mess with him again.

He was partly crouched in the picture, but the angle made him look smaller. I noticed that when viewing the pictures again on my computer after uploading them with my phone. He's standing taller on my shelf though. From where I'm sitting at on the couch he looks pretty good. Head still looks too wide, but I'm satisfied for now until I get the urge to mess with him again.

Yeah lens distortion often makes the proportions of these figures a little wonky.

Thank you! Thread is great with tips and images.

Just keep workin chewie, fett. He's looking great. his head does look a bit big, you could trick it with making the top part a flat. like comb his forehead up/out then shape it however you want and do it somewhat kimpy.

Chewie is here! Awesome!

chewie i.jpg
chewie iii.jpg
chewie iv.jpg

Those are some pretty washed out photos though. The black box is basically gray. I think this is a gold/white blue/black dress type of thing.

No, the color looks pretty correct to me in the Chewie shots. The many Chewies before, including mine, were much, much darker that that one.

That's how it should have come out of the package. Perhaps HT finally corrected the last batch. Or Bergamini has done some work quietly. Time will tell if any more like this appear.

Of course, now you almost need to darken some areas. :lol

No, the color looks pretty correct to me in the Chewie shots. The many Chewies before, including mine, were much, much darker that that one.

That's how it should have come out of the package. Perhaps HT finally corrected the last batch. Or Bergamini has done some work quietly. Time will tell if any more like this appear.

Of course, now you almost need to darken some areas. :lol

Yeah like mine too, the upper legs on mine are black. I should sell it to Chewblacca. :lol

I think that looks really good. All from drybrush acrylics, huh? I would have thought the paint was too think to hold on the fur.

Woah.

Easily the best ANH look I've seen. Bravo sir.

Looks great! Maybe the nose is too glossy even though it looks cool, but everything else looks fantastic.

Thanks and yes was thinking the nose might be a tad too glossy but looking at screencaps it changes from one scene to the next. Still might dull it back a little and tweak the lip color.

Back