1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think I could have easily lived with mine the way it came. The lightening might have improved it a tiny bit, but it was still a pretty awesome looking figure already.

And in some ways the slightly darker hair helps hide some of those flaws in the face better (and make the crossed eyes and goofy mouth not stand out as much).

Yeah, if the darkness of the fur was the only issue, I'd be more happy to dive in. Lightening the fur does more clearly reveal those other flaws - the eyes are crossed on many, the eyes are too close together, and the mouth is pretty derpy. I actually gave the mouth a really good pull to see if I could remove it, but no dice.:lol

The best lightened fur Chewies still don't really capture OT Chewy to me when straight-on - a few do approximate the PT Chewy - but I guess with careful posing (ie. looking down,) and lighting it does start to achieve an OT look.

There's a part of me that says keeping it a bit darker might help overall. It still looks decent, and the eyes and mouth flaws are not hugely noticeable. Decisions.:gah:

My Chewie and Han have arrived, but it's going to be a Christmas gift from the wife. Another 7 week wait!! Aaaarrrrgggghhh.

I'd tell the wife you need to make sure there are no defects in case you need a replacement. Completely valid.

GeneralGrevious,

The original fur is spray starched and when brushed out, Chewie can be a bit fluffy.
The wax helps to find that middle ground between the two. You can actually style the hair and it won't be stiff like hair gel but will not be frizzy either.

Dapper-Dan-Pomade.gif

Surprised he's back to pre-order. Was in stock for what seemed like a couple weeks. Guess I got in the small window while it was around. Least you'll get a nice discount if you've been collecting all the Spook codes, Fiend.

Surprised he's back to pre-order. Was in stock for what seemed like a couple weeks. Guess I got in the small window while it was around. Least you'll get a nice discount if you've been collecting all the Spook codes, Fiend.
Oh, I'll be getting him free just with the codes I have now. I'll pay for Han. :)

Back