1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that any time you include this much hair on a figure, he is going to look "off". Once collectors get him and tame down the hair a bit, he may look a whole lot better. He's definitely not one to automatically display right out of the box. He's going to have to be tinkered with a bit. So I personally am going to keep my order because this is still the best 1/6 Scale Chewie on the market and probably going to be the best one we will get considering the fur. Just my two cents.

Rick

You can have five to ten different movie stills of Chewbacca and they can all look different. The Challenge is if Hot Toys can capture the essence of the character....

Chewie isn't looking too hot ATM. I snapped these at SDCC preview night and I'm hoping they are not final.

1254216538_hot-shots-mask.gif

Well, unless there is an actual flaw, you have to pay shipping, which in my case from Canada might be more than the NRD. Also, the people that get the figures early are usually pretty invested and will make them look their best, so if they can't save the figure, I could pretty confidently assume I couldn't, either. That said, despite the bad pics, I'm not worried, yet. I think Chewie will come out good once futzed. Regardless, if the figure sucks, and HT kinda know in advance it sucks, then perhaps the fear of mass cancellations once the HK pics come out is a good incentive to get it right.

I find the exact opposite to be true. More often than not, those guys that get their figures the earliest seem to only have really crappy cell phones that they use to take the pictures with! It's not their fault. They just don't have good, or even just normal average cameras. Those few first customers with their bad shots are the ones you really have to endure through and believe there are better photos coming!

Anyway, I still haven't pre ordered Chewie or Han, and these new shots of Chewie are really worrying. I do think with proper futzing and combing on his face fur will help tremendously. But I agree that the fur coloring is also not quite right and no amount of futzing will help that.

And despite HT's proclivity to re-do figures, I have doubts that Chewie will be one of them. There just isn't that much more you can do with the figure. And even if they were to do a re-do, when would that be? 2 years? 4 years? Ugh. I'm so close to having all the figures I ever wanted for my collection. I thought I could semi retire (I could never fully retire) from 1/6 collecting by next year! Now crappy HT Chewie has to throw a wrench into my plans!

url

“The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe.”
― Voltaire

well they got chewie's mustache wrong. It should be dark, not light. I say a little futzing with darkening his mustache and flattening it to not be as poofy and we should be

article-2575658-1C1B525800000578-218_306x462.jpg

AbominableChewbacca-SWT.png

chewbacca.jpg

chewbacca__3327.jpg

honestly with the latest photos just posted... I'm just happy it's not a dark face. It looks ok. It can be futzed. As long as there is more lips for a wider mouth under that mighty mustache I think we'll overcome.

Well, neither Han nor Chewbacca are perfect, but if I think just how amazing they will look displayed, I think I can overcome the shortcomings.

I'm sorry, but by settling for this and justifying by saying "it's the best chewie we ever got," or "I can live with it," or "I can futz it to make it look how I want" is just telling Hot Toys that we are willing to accept whatever they put out and deal with it. More and more I've been seeing this with their figures. Something's off here, something's off there, but it's ok because it's hot toys. This chewie looks like crap from every angle and I not going to overlook this and pay $250 for it. But if your happy with it, and are willing to put down your hard earned money for this then I hope your happy with it.

Those in search of perfection are always searching.

Simple. If you like it enough, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Hot Toys or any other company are doing their best at capturing the best representation they can.
Do they fail? Absolutely. But anyone buying this with it not being perfect and are willing to mod it to make it their own. There is nothing wrong with that either.

You can please some of the people some of the time, you can please all of the people none of the time.

I just don't get too upset over my dollies. Lol. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.

:lecture :goodpost: couldn`t say it any better. I don't get to upset over these things any more. some time price issues arise but if we all look for perfection we will all go insane looking for it to be perfect because we will never find it specially in this hobby.

It was this image from Celebration 2015 that had removed any doubt. I thought this was perfect and I went on and placed my order. Seeing Chewie at SDCC places doubt back in me.
Star-Wars-Celebration-Anaheim-2015-Hot-Toys-025.jpg

Bo ^^^^^^^^^ THAT is much better, great amount of light highlights in the face, dark mustache, this is much better even with whatever other shortcomings the face has. This is MUCH better.

Those in search of perfection are always searching.

Simple. If you like it enough, buy it. If you don't, don't.

Hot Toys or any other company are doing their best at capturing the best representation they can.
Do they fail? Absolutely. But anyone buying this with it not being perfect and are willing to mod it to make it their own. There is nothing wrong with that either.

You can please some of the people some of the time, you can please all of the people none of the time.

I just don't get too upset over my dollies. Lol. If I like it, I buy it. If I don't, I don't.

:lecture :goodpost: couldn`t say it any better. I don't get to upset over these things any more. some time price issues arise but if we all look for perfection we will all go insane looking for it to be perfect because we will never find it specially in this hobby.

Adsolutely,people are over critical and expect a perfect shrunken down representation of the character. All of the HT pieces i've seen so far have been for the most part outstanding(hopefully they'll tweak chewies face colouring and vaders helmet) and easily the best representation of those wonderful SW characters we're likely to see for a long tme..

Back