1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the Hunt for that one,along with all the exclusives....now you can buy that piece of furry crap for $20 on ebay

I hunted so many stores for it, it was exciting though. It was a time when my love for the scale and the character outweighed the fact that it was such a hunk of junk. i finally found it at a comic book shop and they had two in stock... I bought one and the other is still there to this day! 15 years later lol.

:lol

Welcome to the thread. And welcome to the board.

Thanks man. I've been a lurker on this board for ages. Even forgot I actually had an account. lol.. figure i'd put my 2 cents for these upcoming star wars figures as they're quite important to me. So far, not too happy with the Han and chewie head sculpts. REALLY hoping HT improves the sculpts before production.

Hopefully, I don't come off as too negative, as I'm just hoping HT's brings their A game for these important licenses. =D

This is the 1st preorder I've bought on the 1st day on Sideshow, and it will be my 1st 2 Hot Toys figures. I've always waited for a coupon before and lately I've missed a few exclusives (Vader, Grievous) because of it.

Is it just me or is the Chewie headsculpt off? His eyes and brow ridge droops down too much. He kinda looks like the bigfoot from harry and the henderson, but with more hair around the face. I think the eyes should also be a bit longer instead of the small round circle in the sculpt.

Welcome to the 'haters gonna hate team', lol. Its a small, yet fiercely passionate group of about five of us. And yeah, agreed. Tweaks hopefully coming

Well I had to get another job to be able to afford this haha. It sucks being a student when you try to buy stuff like these figures.

Well I had to get another job to be able to afford this haha. It sucks being a student when you try to buy stuff like these figures.

Man, can't imagine how anyone without a well paying full time job is able to stay in this hobby

Welcome to the 'haters gonna hate team', lol. Its a small, yet fiercely passionate group of about five of us. And yeah, agreed. Tweaks hopefully coming

lol thanks for the welcome bro. Let's just say we're perfectionists, and for the damn prices we're paying for these figures I'd say it's fair we have some standards. I really don't want to hate on the figure, I actually really, really want to like it cause I want a good han and chewie figure.

I don't believe we should just "settle" for what is when the figure's $230 a pop. I mean, even a lot of $17 Neca figures can manage some really accurate sculpts sometimes (Neca Dutch, Hicks, Hudson, Lost Boys Sutherland) and at a much smaller 6 inch scale too. So I don't think it's too much for us to ask for a $230 figure to have a better head sculpt as well. haha..

So far both Chewie and Han's sculpts are pretty off. Both in the eye and brow areas. Marty also has expressionless, dead eyes.. Hot Toys managed to improve the Christopher Reeves production sculpt in the eye area from their Prototype. Hopefully they do the same with Han, Chewie and Marty. =D

Is it just me or is the Chewie headsculpt off? His eyes and brow ridge droops down too much. He kinda looks like the bigfoot from harry and the henderson, but with more hair around the face. I think the eyes should also be a bit longer instead of the small round circle in the sculpt.

It is very much off. The eyes are set too close together, too deep, and the colouring of the fur on the head is wrong.

lol thanks for the welcome bro. Let's just say we're perfectionists, and for the damn prices we're paying for these figures I'd say it's fair we have some standards. I really don't want to hate on the figure, I actually really, really want to like it cause I want a good han and chewie figure.

I don't believe we should just "settle" for what is when the figure's $230 a pop. I mean, even a lot of $17 Neca figures can manage some really accurate sculpts sometimes (Neca Dutch, Hicks, Hudson, Lost Boys Sutherland) and at a much smaller 6 inch scale too. So I don't think it's too much for us to ask for a $230 figure to have a better head sculpt as well. haha..

So far both Chewie and Han's sculpts are pretty off. Both in the eye and brow areas. Marty also has expressionless, dead eyes.. Hot Toys managed to improve the Christopher Reeves production sculpt in the eye area from their Prototype. Hopefully they do the same with Han, Chewie and Marty. =D

I'm with you, although I wouldn't describe myself as a perfectionist, but when I buy a figure of a certain character, I oddly expect it should look like that character. Don't settle for crap people. Demand HT improve, or you'll just keep getting 7/10 headsculpts. Social media is your tool. Make noise. Lots of noise.

Tiny clones of actors are the toys of the future. You'll have to feed them chia seeds and sea monkeys so they won't die.

Back