1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, but in my defense, self restraint has never been one of my top qualities...

418image.jpeg

2cbimage.jpeg

b3image.jpeg

(PJR)

Got my Han/Chewie 2 pack in today from BBTS. Of course, my Chewie had a super dark face so I spent the last hour fixing it. Also, the upper lip had an ugly gap so I fixed it with some apoxie sculpt. Here's what I got now:

View attachment 219061

Much more satisfied now!

Remember when that really talented sculpter dude posted his re-worked Chewy? Nailed it.

Anyone have some tips or tricks to lighten this bad boys hair color. Something an amateur can handle [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have some tips or tricks to lighten this bad boys hair color. Something an amateur can handle [emoji12]

I think a few people have used watered down acrylic paint, using several coats and brushing it out to avoid clumpiness. I wish there was an easy way to dye it....

I used Pastels
pp30701.jpg

you can apply them slowly and layer for layer using a normal Modeling Paintbrush, I used a Fixative from MIG between layers to keep it from smudging.
68835.jpg

Final Result is not so bad I think
IMG_2881.jpgIMG_2885.jpg

I also repainted the Eyes, I would not recommend that if you are not a pretty skilled Modeler/Painter, you might Fup a expensive collectible otherwise ;)

Not at all. take it easy with the Pastels and go slow, if you put on to much simply brush it off or Blow it away.

Oh forgot, I used a biggish Modeling Paintbrush to brush the fur in to a position that looks ok...its the best method I found not to damage the Figure and its pretty effective to sorta form the fur.

I used Pastels
View attachment 274169

you can apply them slowly and layer for layer using a normal Modeling Paintbrush, I used a Fixative from MIG between layers to keep it from smudging.
View attachment 274170

Final Result is not so bad I think
View attachment 274174View attachment 274175

I also repainted the Eyes, I would not recommend that if you are not a pretty skilled Modeler/Painter, you might Fup a expensive collectible otherwise ;)

Thanks for the response! Appreciate the feedback! Are you using a mixture of colors, or all the ones in your image? I think I'm going to have to try this out on a cheap teddy bear or something. Don't want to stuff up.

I mixed them, and I used the colors seen in that PanPastel pic. You can also simply use "Art" Pastels/Chalk they are cheaper and you can normally buy them separately in bigger Art material Stores without spending money on a big set.

Thanks for the response! Appreciate the feedback! Are you using a mixture of colors, or all the ones in your image? I think I'm going to have to try this out on a cheap teddy bear or something. Don't want to stuff up.

I mixed them, and I used the colors seen in that PanPastel pic. You can also simply use "Art" Pastels/Chalk they are cheaper and you can normally buy them separately in bigger Art material Stores without spending money on a big set.

Great thank you very much for the tips!

Hard to tell what is the out of the box version and which is not...
I would just keep it out of the box...no mods...so it's hard to know what it will look like. I wish there was a separate mods thread gaha

Back