1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to imply that these figures might not be perfect and aren't the best thing ever, but you have to take into account that when you spent a fortune on something it's a natural first reaction to love it no matter what. A few weeks/months later the rose-colored glasses are off and you can see things for what they are.

I guess it is no different to those who don't own it and think it isn't great right? :)

Not going to get a proper view either way.

Eh, I don't deny there's probably some rose-colored glasses going on with some of these figures, but so what? No matter what might be involved, if I happen to think something looks cool, I think it looks cool. I'm not interested in only owning things that everyone has universally agreed is "objectively good" or has a great likeness first. I just buy things that I happen to like.

Diggin this guy...

Still futzin away and searching for the look I want, and am very happy to see Chewie-ness coming through...

I'm finding (as some have stated) that the shortcomings of the dark face can be drastically lessened by not only lighting, but by spending some time with the pick end of the comb. Also, I may experiment with color on the face fur, or simply transplant some excess fur from the feet. Not sure yet. However, I will tone down the overly red/pink in the lips... It's not quite as distracting after grooming the fur, but it could use a little attention IMO.

I'm stoked to finally have a Chewbacca in my collection...a great piece indeed!

Cheers,
Ahab

Chewie 1.jpgChewie 2.jpg

That looks closer to what I was dealt. Especially the beady black eyes. :lol

I don't think there's any question we all have the same, dark Chewbacca. There's no "lighter" ones about. But proper futzing goes a long way to making this figure look more like Chewbacca, as you've shown.

Dunno, I think I did get a darker one.:dunno

Unfutzed, iphone pic:

black-shih-tzu-dog.jpg

Fkn hell!
Seeing all these pics is making the wait unbearable.
These 2 need to Hyperspace it to Australia now! Lol
Nice pics guys!
As I am such a huge fan of the Wook, I cannot wait to get him here and futz him.I have some great poses in mind!

I'm meeting Peter Mayhew tomorrow and I was really hoping to have my set for him to sign but I won't have it until December as I'm in Europe. I guess I will ask him to sign one of the Sideshow round stands instead and use that for Chewie. At least I know he will fit in my Detolf on the smaller stand.

Last edited:
Completely agree that it isn't perfect, but as I've never received a perfect figure I can't say it's that much of a big deal for me. I absolutely love this figure and I'm very happy with how it turned out overall.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445090335.965450.jpg

This will have to do until Ht releases ST Han...

IMG_3920.jpg

So I futzed for a while...and came up with this...

IMG_3921.jpg

... I just found out he has a hidden comb...I may try again this afternoon.

Completely agree that it isn't perfect, but as I've never received a perfect figure I can't say it's that much of a big deal for me. I absolutely love this figure and I'm very happy with how it turned out overall.

View attachment 217552

Nice futzing job! A big key I think is getting the hair to curve inward at the bottom like it did on the costume, and also puffing the hair out a bit on the sides (even for his ANH look, I don't think you want the hair hugging the sides of his head too much, because it makes the head look too narrow and Coneheady).

Took some more LIGHT VARIATIONS with my "dark" Chewbacca, outside this time in sunlight.

Giving him eyes is almost pointless. Too bad too, because there's a lot of detail in them.

Chewbacca COMP 1.jpg

As you can see, the face is exact opposite of the ANH Chewie -- dark face, lighter on forehead.

I'm going to mess around with the head for awhile and see what I can get out of this.

Keep hope alive Wor-Gar! Your Chewie-like Wookie figure will get better! Seriously, why would Hot Toys make a figure with the exact opposite coloring as to the actual figure? That's like making Superman a blonde.

I'm wondering if its worth the very expensive experiment to completely remove the fur from the head? Seems loose in many places on mine around the cheeks and eyes. If I could get the fur off the face, eliminating the restrictions, I might be able to work lighter fur into the dark fur, then re-glue the fur back on the head.

Of course this sounds simple. :lol

BTW, I just spent 2 hours trying to futz out a better Chewie and came up with nothing. In fact, the more you mess with the hair on the face, the more frizzy it gets....

Other than freeing the chin hair and fluffing the sides and mild styling, I'd say leave the damn thing alone. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Back