1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm familiar with these mystical distinctions. And pretty handy with a scalpel.:lol

You may need to use The Force.

theforcehammer.jpg

I think HT have had such a bad experience on his Chewie that they may never do it again.
Especially with he disastrous media pics and bitching.

Maybe when there has been another seismic technology/production shift in 10 years time.

This.

Also, with the lack-luster market for HT SW in Asia, it seems that Chewie was a labor of love for Howard, and not a cash grab that he's likely to try and capitalize on again in the near future.

I think Chewie will sell just fine and HT will revisit him. There's millions of SW fans out there just chomping at the bit for a nicely articulated 1/6 Chewbacca plus the fact they developed some unique things just for this character. Gotta get that investment back as best they can.

I fully expect an ESB Chewie with 3P0 backpack in the near future.

I think Chewie will sell just fine and HT will revisit him. There's millions of SW fans out there just chomping at the bit for a nicely articulated 1/6 Chewbacca plus the fact they developed some unique things just for this character. Gotta get that investment back as best they can.

I fully expect an ESB Chewie with 3P0 backpack in the near future.

:lecture Me too, Coco. And a ESB Fett (simple and economical for them)

i can't imagine waiting for the 2nd iteration of Chewie... with all the Star Wars within Hot Toys forthcoming lineup, one would need "T-800 Endoskeleton" type patience (i think the original was released in 2007).

Thanks guys. For shelf presence he's right up there with Tamashi 3PO.
Less a couple of upgrades, I finally have the 12 that were the ambition of my collection.

I wouldn't expect another Chewie for quite sometime. If this figure sells really well, then I could see HT revisiting it earlier than normal, but I can see them focusing on characters that had different looks through the films.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back