1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me, and it does actually work better as the ROTJ than the Empire, though he shouldn't actually have aged seeing as he was frozen, LOL!

I'm in the process of extending a body because the OSK head always feels a bit oversized to me. HF is over 6' tall, so I'm trying an overall height of 12 1/4" to see how it matches up with the OSK head.

Peak height he was dead on 6ft. OSK do the body I used with ankle extenders, though I think it would make him a bit too tall.

:exactly:

Yeah, maybe it's the paint but he does look quite Native American, but I do kind of like the overall look (and I was never a huge fan of that UU head.) Nice work, Ecz... always fun to see how you attack these heads. Your Emperor is still legendary!

I wouldn't call my work "legendary" but thanks mate! Appreciate it! :vader curious to see what HT will do with emperor. So far all their portraits have been hit or miss. Love leia and luke, obi wan is terrific although a bit bland. Yoda same story, very little weight to the little guy. Han looks like.. I dont know who really. I hope they realise the emperor can't have a dull expression. That said, the troopers look amazing as does Vader. Fett has great paint apps, but I don't know how they messed up the helmet sculpt.

Peak height he was dead on 6ft. OSK do the body I used with ankle extenders, though I think it would make him a bit too tall.

Well, I'm 6' exactly and I remember he was a bit taller than me when I stood next to him. My guess is he was 6'-1" or so in those days.

I wouldn't call my work "legendary" but thanks mate! Appreciate it! :vader curious to see what HT will do with emperor. So far all their portraits have been hit or miss. Love leia and luke, obi wan is terrific although a bit bland. Yoda same story, very little weight to the little guy. Han looks like.. I dont know who really. I hope they realise the emperor can't have a dull expression. That said, the troopers look amazing as does Vader. Fett has great paint apps, but I don't know how they messed up the helmet sculpt.

Yeah, what they do with Emperor will be interesting. They really have dropped the ball on a few of these, but surely the Emperor wouldn't be impossible to get looking super mean and cool. Would love to see Emperor get that ultra-detailed HT treatment.

Does depend on the shoes, but I'll take your word for it. With DID boots on my Han is taller than my Indy, they use the same type of body so that is certainly down to footwear.

Does depend on the shoes, but I'll take your word for it. With DID boots on my Han is taller than my Indy, they use the same type of body so that is certainly down to footwear.

Haha - I actually checked - we were both wearing standard leather business shoes.:lol

Major improvement on the Sideshow head.

41be2e853240c8f9eb514daaa3e5c027.jpg

b82a0ed9232bfa7f6a9702848f373e44.jpg

5fb8e1bba0b37c6f6e66c47866892155.jpg

539661d9fd2d3603a7f3dab5cb53fae0.jpg

302461a91b0399c97535954a9019a397.jpg

Major improvement on the Sideshow head.

41be2e853240c8f9eb514daaa3e5c027.jpg

Yeah, it's disgraceful and pathetic that a recast head off eBay would have better paint apps than a recent $200 Sideshow figure. You really have to wonder if they'll ever figure out what pretty much every 1/6 manufacturer figured out 5-7 years ago.:slap

4 new ones listed - at $50 now. Meh.

Not worth it. Despite the gorgeous apps, it's a pretty underwhelming head in-hand to me. I'm thinking of cutting the hair off and using it as a hood-up Hoth Han to cover the cartoony jaw with the scarf. So glad I didn't get two.

There aren't any of Kit's heads on eBay and he hasn't mentioned another run. All I could find were HT recasts.

If it's anything like the Indy head, there will be a repeat run. This sold out in about the same time.

Not worth it. Despite the gorgeous apps, it's a pretty underwhelming head in-hand to me. I'm thinking of cutting the hair off and using it as a hood-up Hoth Han to cover the cartoony jaw with the scarf. So glad I didn't get two.

This is my plan as well.

Back