1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit, having these three together now really makes me want a Luke as well.

ps20170208_231457 (652x1000) (2).jpg

Thanks guys. I always thought I'd be happy just having my favorite versions of each character (ESB Han, Jedi Luke, etc), but I'm definitely seeing the appeal now in having that original ANH gang together.

Thanks guys. I always thought I'd be happy just having my favorite versions of each character (ESB Han, Jedi Luke, etc), but I'm definitely seeing the appeal now in having that original ANH gang together.

That was my original plan too. I'm not sure if Obi-Wan was my first 1977 Star Wars purchase or not; but once I had him, Han, and Chewie, I changed my mind. Had to get Leia and eventually Luke too (even though I already had the Bespin DX 2 pack).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, no kidding. I'm tempted to get one of those $80 Luke knockoff sets just so I can have him in there, but I'm not sure any amount of repainting or careful lighting could make that one look any better.

Someone is probably willing to sell their Jnix Luke sculpt. Maybe check that thread?

That's a fabulous Chewbacca you've got davejames
Looks nice

Yeah, davejames, looks great - I seem to remember you did the thinned acrylics didn't you? I have two Chewies waiting for a little recoloring.

Ha, no kidding. I'm tempted to get one of those $80 Luke knockoff sets just so I can have him in there, but I'm not sure any amount of repainting or careful lighting could make that one look any better.

Careful of those heads. My buddy got a HT Han knockoff and it was very nicely cast and painted (close in qulaity to the original, though not quite) but was probably 10-20% smaller than the original. Looked like a teen Han - so badly so he actually returned it to the China seller.:lol

Also, I was given an ebay knockoff HT LUke Bespin head and the painted rubbed off very easily (like with a light fingernail rub.)

Nah mine was done with chalk pastel.

And thanks for the tip. Although it's only all the accessories and the lightup saber that make that figure look worth getting anyway, so if I were to get one it would probably have to be the real thing.

Just ordered Han last night. I figured with the free shipping and $25 off coupon was a pretty good deal. This will be my first 1/6. Pretty excited.

About an hour later i thought i should go ahead and get Chewie too. You can't have Han without Chewie. He was free shipping and $25 off too.

Dave, do you reckon you could give us a detailed description which chalk pastel you used and how you did it. I'd love to get my Chewie looking better than he currently is. Am sure other "apprentices" would be interested in your tips too.

Nah mine was done with chalk pastel.

And thanks for the tip. Although it's only all the accessories and the lightup saber that make that figure look worth getting anyway, so if I were to get one it would probably have to be the real thing.

Dave, do you reckon you could give us a detailed description which chalk pastel you used and how you did it. I'd love to get my Chewie looking better than he currently is. Am sure other "apprentices" would be interested in your tips too.

Not sure it's something I know how to explain in detail, I'm afraid. It was basically just a matter of lightly coloring the hair and blending the chalk in a bit with my finger. I also futzed and loosened up the hair quite a bit first (defining the brows more, pulling the hair away from his chin, etc). And I think it was close to the color highlighted below, in the "earthtone" series. But of course you can always experiment with different colors in the back to see what matches the lighter hair.

Wish I could be more help.

21930-2012-2-3ww-l.jpg
https://www.dickblick.com/products/...w=21930-2012&gclid=CLjpzp3HhtICFYF8fgodoGwMEA

Hey Dave, great thanks that's all I was after. i.e roughly how dark the pastel colour was and how it was applied.

I think I might give it a go on the back as you suggested to practice a small amount. The attention to the small details is what makes a good figure great.

Han arrived today. This figure poses well very dynamic, and the sculpt definitely looks better in hand.

bb971446d00500865b255564aba52b4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Han arrived today. This figure poses well very dynamic, and the sculpt definitely looks better in hand.

bb971446d00500865b255564aba52b4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Congrats! He's an excellent figure. Enjoy!!

Back