1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally opened this (after 9 months) and I must say, it looks great to me. I had pretty average expectations based on this thread. To be fair, I thought the DX Indy was pretty good as well so my eyesight is probably in question.

Looks like ESB age Han:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1134

IMG_5889.JPG

So they left the Indy beard and only really on the left side of his face. Big fail IMO

IMG_5891.JPG

It's scene specific to the post-Bespin torture scenes when he hadn't been back to the Falcon to clean up that little bit of stubble.:lol

I think it actually looks surprisingly good. The hair sculpt is more convincing than either the SSC Hoth Han head or the HT ANH head.

One plus is that the jug ears on the regular TH head are hidden by the ESB hair.

I have the TH head on an Indy set-up and I don't love it as much as everyone seems to (even with the ears pinned back a bit) - somehow the HF likeness is clearer to me with the added ESB hair than it is with a fedora.

Quick Photoshop of the look i'm going for.

I'd like to thank the person who took the initial picture with the Enterbay head ;) I wanted to the the same thing until i saw the custom head this morning.

17474596_10154217161802441_163902902_n.jpg

Lighten the hair a bit as someone mentioned and I agree that would actually be a sufficient representation of ESB Han.

Besides the stellar, HT-quality apps, what is good about the TH head (and I guess this ESB one as well) is that the MJ Choi head was a bit too large, but the casting has shrunk it a bit so it's closer to the right size.

Why can't someone turn one of those or the Jnix into a damn Deckard!? I mean, obviously I'd prefer it if the original artist did it.

I wouldn't rule it out, whoever did it as Han would probably have it next on their to do list. Kit would post as soon as one was done.

For me the ESB head was an instant buy, then I had to get a body. Cue then a frantic search for his blaster, which, as always, was in the last place I looked, and it was also the first, missed it the first time, and I had actually been to Specsavers!

Anyway, the SSC ESB gear will make up the bulk of the figure, but, there was no way the old SSC boots or even some old DML's were going to cut it, so I got some DID ones from Otto figure. Has anyone else used them!?

If the paint apps are anything like the Treasure Hunter it's going to be awesome! I just bought one. I'm presently using the Hoth Han head, SS outfit and rig with the new, improved Hoth Han jacket and shirt on a Truetype body. I'm also using the Virtual Toys boots. It's going to look sweet...until HT inevitably announces their ESB Han.

Back