1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. amazing han sculpt and it's not in a neutral expression. will be following jnix. sad I missed this one.

great pics everyone :D

When I first saw the Hot Toys Han head in person, I really thought it was very good. This Jnix sculpt does blow it out of the water though.

View attachment 277144

With all the talent over at HT and how they miss the mark on HF for both Indy & HS (even Ep VII - it's good until jinx does his Ep VII) gets me thinking maybe disney doesn't own HF likeness. They own something like it. Just not it. ?

Just wanted to thank everyone for turning this thread into a Han custom head thread days before my HT Han arrives. :lol

Ha! Sorry man, A good painter can turn the HT sculpt into a really nice likeness though (see below). It's there, just not in the paint. I really do hope Jnix decides to do more though. I don't care that much about the value I just hate to see everyone tempted to the point of getting the inevitable recast.

JazzInc's repaint of the HT:

12496351_944099885637901_3617283378662487054_o.jpg

Ok, I suggest everyone take off their shirt and remove the wire in the V-neck if you don't want your shirt to turn orange. Turns out they put a COPPER wire in there(WTF). Luckily, it's very easy to remove since it's not fully stitched in. Just lift the material up at the bottom and you can pull it right out

Edit: Look like there are 2. One wasn't stitched in and could be slid right out. The other is in between those stitches. Just get an exacto and make a careful cut to open a pocket and slide the other one out. What a dumb decision to put those in...

shirt.jpg

Mixed up some acrylic paint + matte medium and painted over the stained area in the V-neck and pretty much can't tell anymore. Looks white, but in person it's more creamy yellow like the shirt. Still will probably pick up an extra shirt, but this will do for now

shirt2.jpg

Hmm, the way he has the lighter brown hair just towards the front seems a bit odd to me. I think I'd probably want to make the lighter hair highlighted over the whole head myself.

I think the rest of the hair has a bit of an ashiness tone to it. I would maybe do a wash of something if I knew how to paint. No way I'll risk screwing anything up on this sculpt.

39342319730ee2135d1c80c693cf00d1.jpg

Back