1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why all the pictures I have seen out of the box looked so bad to me but having this figure finally in hand I actually think it looks great. I was going to have the head repainted but I really like it as is. :dunno

I wish I had the same reaction to Han. In hand he's my least favorite of anything in my SW collection. :( It's all due to various things about the sculpt. It's good there are those that really like it though. It's also good that there are custom options out there for us that don't. :D

I wish I had the same reaction to Han. In hand he's my least favorite of anything in my SW collection. :( It's all due to various things about the sculpt. It's good there are those that really like it though. It's also good that there are custom options out there for us that don't. :D

I actually have a painted custom on order as well. I am in the second batch. Once in hand I can decide how I want to display them. I am thinking I will use one for the stormtrooper disguise if I don't like the HT version.

Yeah, haven't really loved either Han or Luke in-hand frankly. I liked Luke a bit more. Han I resold, placing all chips on the upcoming HT ESB Han (c'mon HT....) The outfit (minus boots obviously) on Han was amazing, whereas I wasn't too impressed with Luke's outfit. Tunic short, sculpted gaiter wraps etc. Both had articulation issues - Han's arms and Luke's neck (severely limited.)

They're both solid figures overall, just Luke's likeness was better to me in-hand vs pics, whereas Han was about the same - decent to quite good from a few key angles, but overall not as good. Interesting I've seen some repaints of the Han starting to show up and it does look better (though jazzinc's was also a subtle resculpt) so maybe the paint's an issue somehow.

How do these people get away with this?! Surely you would think HT would be looking into this sort of thing?

Ugh - yet another recast head that has better apps than an average SSC head.:slap:gah:

hey... constructive criticism coming your way....

maybe it's just me, so others chime in here, it looks like he needs more eyebrow presence? Maybe you could try a darker shade? Not sure, but it seems his eyebrows are getting lost, could be the lighting, and it makes it a little wierd.

Also the forehead is very porous, I don't know if that is a paint technique or the sculpt itself, or again... just the lighting, but the forehead appears to look like it has acne or something. A bit overdone.

Aside from those two gripes, again, constructive criticism from me to you, to get the best looking Han figure you can have... I'd say this head is definitely an improvement from the stock head and a round of applause for the overall look.

Back