1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the cartoon, too. It was in the Heavy Metal style and felt like late 70's sci-fi. With everyone being a little longer in the tooth animated versions of stories taking place between Episodes 4, 5 and 6 with their voices would be a welcome addition IMO.

70s-dance-o.gif

Those are some dudes grandmothers. :lol

Ehh.. most of it is rubbish of course. :lol

Maybe just an inclusion of the cartoon with the bonus material on the next OT Blu-Ray release then (sans SE garbage).

Hey, I think this may be my first post, but...

This is actually hidden on one of the bonus discs of the 2011 Blu-Ray release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Disney would hurry up and try to get some official original OT Blu rays out there :impatient:

Here is something else I was told recently:

When Lucas made the special edition trilogy, those somehow ended up being classified as "new" movies and not re-releases. Anyone who worked on the originals and was entitled to a monetary piece of the original versions was not entitled to a piece of the special editions.

He was able to skirt around this when he released the "original" versions on dvd as a "bonus feature". Because it was a bonus feature, it was considered a "giveaway" or "freebie" and was not what he was actually selling as a product, which was the special edition.

I don't know if this is true or not, but if so, that's a pretty dirty trick.

When Lucas made the special edition trilogy, those somehow ended up being classified as "new" movies and not re-releases. Anyone who worked on the originals and was entitled to a monetary piece of the original versions was not entitled to a piece of the special editions.

He was able to skirt around this when he released the "original" versions on dvd as a "bonus feature". Because it was a bonus feature, it was considered a "giveaway" or "freebie" and was not what he was actually selling as a product, which was the special edition.

I heard this in regard to the divorce of his wife, that one of the reasons he made the special editions was for that reason that you stated, and so therefore he wouldn't have to pay her royalties since they were "new."

Not sure that makes sense - they are the same movies as listed on every tracking service, where they are simply classed as re-releases. Add a few shots (in the case of ESB) or a few scenes (in the case of SW and ROTJ) and call it an entirely different movie? Don't buy it.

Copyright was renewed with every "improvement" though, maybe that has something to do with it? Same with THX 1138 that got "enhanced" 25 years after it was made.

Copyright was renewed with every "improvement" though, maybe that has something to do with it? Same with THX 1138 that got "enhanced" 25 years after it was made.

Would sound mighty flimsy in a court of law. "Yes, the film's 95% the same, but see the new copyright date we wrote at the bottom here?":lol

Back