1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no upside down in space.

nerd-dork-fight-glasses-463.jpg

Yeah, I took this to be an interesting "story" not fact, a conspiracy theory for why George messed with the original movies. But regard to her being paid residuals, as far as the rumor goes, I understood this to be related to the fact that the money was earned from an income source made from the time they were married, and not because she was an editor on the film. So that it was part of the division of assets during divorce.

In a divorce the assets are divided (taking into account the future earnings of any jointly-owned enterprises) - there's no "profit sharing" or "royalties" going forward after a divorce. Marcia's settlement in the mid 80's would have been the final word, so by 1997 (15 years later) it was a long-moot point.

At the time they split, people would have assumed that the franchise would have waned - it wasn't until the early-mid 1990's that it became apparent there was a ton of future in the Star Wars franchise.

I got so tired of it i got the harmy SW and gave away my 2004 dvds :lol

Where can I find those? I have the Blu-ray box but I just can't watch that. Lucas really destroyed my childhood's favorite movies with all those changes. Heard about the Harmy edits, but can't seem to find them. Found some info on ANH having a 2.5 edition, but can't find a download. Want to burn the movies to Blu-ray and be done with the f'ed up versions Lucas gave us.

Where can I find those? I have the Blu-ray box but I just can't watch that. Lucas really destroyed my childhood's favorite movies with all those changes. Heard about the Harmy edits, but can't seem to find them. Found some info on ANH having a 2.5 edition, but can't find a download. Want to burn the movies to Blu-ray and be done with the f'ed up versions Lucas gave us.

There are also various illegal download possibilities, but by far the best and easiest solution must be the blu-rays distributed via the aformentioned thread.

Worth it.

Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115665

I am not sure how anyone can complain about this figure. Best Han sculpt we have ever had by far, bar none, noting is worthy of second place.

I want a Harrison Ford figure so bad but have yet to find one I like enough to buy. There is no way I would be happy with this representation even if it is considered the best one out there. Maybe I am just way to picky when it comes to him but I am still hoping someday some company will surprise me.:dunno

Interesting that Kojun sculpted this likeness and the New Hope Skywalker. I would've thought Ford would be the easier of the two to nail but unless HT hires Trevor this will be the best we're going to get.

It's one of those sculpts that's there...I mean, the look is there...but there's just something off about it. It may look better in-hand, but it's still not a knockout. Something tells me it's more the hair than anything, but it could also be the expression. While I'd rather have a more neutral look over a perma-dumbfounded Marty look, something is just off a bit.

I don't think it's off to the point where people wouldn't know who it is on a different body; but I also don't think it's as good as we'll get. They made 5-6 RDJ sculpts before they really nailed him as Stark. This is the best Ford so far, and while I'd love the original outfit, part of me is thinking it may be a good idea to wait for an Empire Strikes Back Han. But then again, who knows when that'll come, as I'm sure they'll make an older Han from Episode 7 before that.

Tough choices!

To be honest, Harrison Ford has a weird profile.

I was watching him in Raiders and parts didn't even look like him

I think certain shots look a lot better. Seeing him without all the photoshop and lighting tricks tends to help Hot Toys more than the actual photos they use to sell them on Sideshow and other sites.

attachment.php

And while this is a production photo, it's far enough away to show that side by side, these two look really good together.

Hot-Toys-Han-Solo-and-Chewbacca.jpg

And I think this one that someone did earlier in this thread shows that the sculpt does look good overall...it's just something in the hairline area that may be throwing it off. And that may look better in person.

I think it's something minor throwing it off from being pretty spot on. It's true though, just like certain angles can make people look different in reality, certain angles of this figure look great, and others are just off.

Back