1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my kitbash with the Space Tracker sculpt. Since his noggin is so huge, I thought the best way to downplay it was to just make everything else slightly oversized: Hoth Bespin jacket, elongated neck joint, longer TT arms and legs and NewLine German boots.

Yeah, I did the same thing - made the overall figure 12 1/4" tall rather than straight 12" (HF is a bit over 6' tall anyway) and added the bulky coat. Here's a couple of quickie snaps of the sculpt on an ESB set-up, but with the ROTJ hasbro trenchcoat over. I think the head matches ROTJ Han better than ESB Han - it seems to old for ESB to me. And I wish I could see past that cartoon chin/jawline this sculpt has - tilting the head down as I've done in these pics helps though.

han%20trench_zpsxe0usyt0.png

Here's my kitbash with the Space Tracker sculpt. Since his noggin is so huge, I thought the best way to downplay it was to just make everything else slightly oversized: Hoth Bespin jacket, elongated neck joint, longer TT arms and legs and NewLine German boots.

space-tracker-1_zpsb8mhmni1.jpg

BTW, after watching coverage of Celebration in Orlando this weekend, I noticed Harrison Ford's melon is noticeably larger than George Lucas' when the two of them were sitting side-by-side, so perhaps the sculpt isn't too far off after all. :wink1:

so what body did you use that had larger tt arms

so what body did you use that had larger tt arms

Not sure where it originally came from. I made a Franken-body from various TrueTypes I've gathered over the years on eBay, but I think it was an older one that had slightly longer, beefier arms without going full Terminator. I should mention that this Han still measures exactly at 12" tall!

There are a lot of superb pictures with it and I know the overwhelming majority feel that it's by far the best ANH Han sculpt, but to be completely candid, the Jnix sculpt just doesn't really do it for me. :lol

Out of all the pictures I've seen of it, I've really been trying to see if there's something in it that I'm missing, but can't come up with anything. I'm not really the biggest fan of the expression and I kind of think the sculpt makes him look a bit older than what he was in ANH (could just be many of the paint apps though). As maligned as it seems to be and while not perfect, the HT sculpt (V2 at least) just seems to capture his portrait in ANH the best to me.

It took me "3" runs of the sculpt before I finally broke down and picked it up. Passed on the first two runs and then when announced that there were a few extras, I decided to just go for it. I'm so glad I did. The fact that it came already painted was a huge plus for me. I think Jnix's sculpt is amazing and raises my HT Han figure to one of my top 3 favorites in my Star Wars collection. Ironically enough, the other top 2 are Leia and Rey/BB8, two female figures.

If I had to pick a nit, I would say that perhaps the paint apps are a bit too tan. That may be throwing it off somewhat in the photos taken.

Jnix 1.jpg

Jnix 2.jpg

Jnix 3.jpg

Back