1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearly I'm never going to convince you guys that it looks great, but in-hand it does. Yes, there are a few stray hairs in that ultra-close-up shot, but they can (and have been) tamed with a little hair gel, and you wouldn't notice them from normal viewing distance anyway! Can't we just all agree that's it a great sculpt and leave it at that?!!! I never made any particular mention to the added hair anyway...

View attachment 287226
Some things are just better in hand. Congrats on your jnix head, man.

WTH..are those hairs sticking out. Did you know that by shooting a close up like that. This is not helping you convince us this is great mod to a custom that is already fantastic. What a mess of an idea. You got a beautifully sculpted hair and now it looks like a Chia pet trying to escape his forehead.

Han Solo custom complete with " Hat or Morning hair " :slap

Well as long as it looks good to him.

Clearly I'm never going to convince you guys that it looks great, but in-hand it does. Yes, there are a few stray hairs in that ultra-close-up shot, but they can (and have been) tamed with a little hair gel, and you wouldn't notice them from normal viewing distance anyway! Can't we just all agree that's it a great sculpt and leave it at that?!!! I never made any particular mention to the added hair anyway...

View attachment 287226

You shouldn't have to try and convince anyone of anything. It's your sculpt and your figure that is going to be in your collection. Therefore, it ultimately shouldn't really matter what anyone else prefers, except you. If they prefer something else, let them do it that way for their collection. I'm certain there's things in their collection that you probably wouldn't really personally prefer for yours.

Well as long as it looks good to him.

You shouldn't have to try and convince anyone of anything. It's your sculpt and your figure that is going to be in your collection. Therefore, it ultimately shouldn't really matter what anyone else prefers, except you. If they prefer something else, let them do it that way for their collection. I'm certain there's things in their collection that you probably wouldn't really personally prefer for yours.

Here and in the Indy thread, the same thing happens - TM posts pics of his Indy/Han, then posts again, and again, and again (often same pic, or same pic with different filters,) sometimes with mocking comments about how the prevailing head in the thread (in case of Indy, the SSC TOD head, where he mocked those who were expressing their joy regarding the new figure) looks terrible in comparison to his custom head (in that case, Ingiou V1 Indy)...

Then people get tired of it and a few snarky comments get posted, TM pouts, then in come the "it looks great man, don't listen to the haters" posts. Then... it starts all over again.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Here and in the Indy thread, the same thing happens - TM posts pics of his Indy/Han, then posts again, and again, and again (often same pic, or same pic with different filters,) sometimes with mocking comments about how the prevailing head in the thread (in case of Indy, the SSC TOD head, where mocked those who were expressing their joy regarding the new figure) looks terrible in comparison to his custom head (in that case, Ingiou V1 Indy)...

Then people get tired of it and a few snarky comments get posted, TM pouts, then in come the "it looks great man, don't listen to the haters" posts. Then... it starts all over again.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Really had no idea that TM did that :lol

Posting the same sculpt over and over again is a little annoying, at least do what I do change the poses, shoot in different lights, change the positioning when you shoot the pics etc, make the figure look realistic to those who follow, get people excited about the figure, not bored, seems to work for me :wink1:

Thanks for clarifying TB :wave

Nearly a year later it's well time to take your swag to the custom thread TM.

Ha ha, I knew you guys would totally destroy me for posting up that pic of my custom Han! And I know it doesn't really have any place in this thread.

But, the point I was trying to make is that I am a massive Star Wars fan and would have LOVED a great 1/6 scale Han Solo to proudly display on my shelf, but, for me, Hot Toys really messed their head-sculpt up and I really don't like it! To me it looks nothing like HF and those dead shark eyes just kill it!! Hence why I will not be upgrading from a figure that, to me, is a better representation of a HF Han Solo than the HT effort.

However, if you love the HT sculpt and can see HF in it, then that's fantastic. We all see things slightly differently and we are all entitled to our own opinions. Enjoy the figure guys!

One Custom to rule them all....

412730537.jpg

Really had no idea that TM did that :lol

Posting the same sculpt over and over again is a little annoying, at least do what I do change the poses, shoot in different lights, change the positioning when you shoot the pics etc, make the figure look realistic to those who follow, get people excited about the figure, not bored, seems to work for me :wink1:

Thanks for clarifying TB :wave

Wow, I wish I was as totally awesome as all you guys!! :rotfl

Yawn...

Here and in the Indy thread, the same thing happens - TM posts pics of his Indy/Han, then posts again, and again, and again (often same pic, or same pic with different filters,) sometimes with mocking comments about how the prevailing head in the thread (in case of Indy, the SSC TOD head, where he mocked those who were expressing their joy regarding the new figure) looks terrible in comparison to his custom head (in that case, Ingiou V1 Indy)...

:rotfl

Well for the record, I'm one of the "haters" because I personally don't really think the mixture of the sculpted and rooted hair looks that good to begin with. Didn't really help either with the crazy way he apparently had it styled. :lol

As long as he likes it and it looks good to him though.

Even though I've gone off the HT Han sculpt your photos are some of the best I've seen masterside. It probably helps that the lighting in your display room looks a lot like the lighting in the ANH Death Star scenes!

Back