1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jnix sculpt is better than HT imo but I don't think to the degree that others here clearly do. It does look just a bit oversized on the smuggler body to me but looks better on the stormie body.

Have to disagree - it looks great on the main body, not too big if it's adjusted to the right height on the neck. But it does look great on the stormtrooper as well.

The HT sculpt has the elements (and it's slightly improved paint on the new releases). I'm going to let someone try a repaint on it to use on the Hoth Han, but IMO, as great as Jazz's repaint is, it's just not quite there. He faked a little fullness to the lips, but the Jnix sculpt has the right fullness. The philtrum (area between the mouth and the bottom of the nose) is more pronounced as are the laugh lines on the Jnix. The eyes are set too deep on the HT and the jawline is too square and sharp.

I put the HT sculpt on a Max body and I dont think many people could tell you that's Harrison Ford. Jazz improved it for sure. but it's not the same.

I wish everyone who wanted one could get one. I encourage Jnix to do more, but respect his opinion not to. Sadly, everyone who wants something close will be able to get the inevitable recast.

Han-solo-jnix-sculpt-1200px-instagram.jpg

Han-Stormtroopper-birdseye-600.jpgHan-HT-sculpt-roadwarrior-body.jpg

Nice but the added hair is weird. Looks like superman 's curl

I like Jinx's work, but I don't know but in pics the mouth open look is kind of offputting. I think Jinx should of used a closed mouth :dunno or sculpt some teeth if they wanted an open mouth Han.

The jnix sculpt is better than HT imo but I don't think to the degree that others here clearly do. It does look just a bit oversized on the smuggler body to me but looks better on the stormie body. Also I don't want to be too critical here but I do see a bit of Hasselhoff from certain angles. Again no disrespect intended. For the money I'll stick with what I have, when posed with the other ANH characters he blends right in.

TM's head was not painted by Jnix, and the added hair is only on TM's head (which I agree looks slightly odd in the pics, but probably looks much nicer in hand on display.) It's a nice paint-up, but in my opinion Mark's paint doesn't quite match what Jnix did and the open mouth thing wasn't quite nailed.

And maybe it's the pics angle, but the Jnix head definitely isn't oversized.

Have to disagree - it looks great on the main body, not too big if it's adjusted to the right height on the neck. But it does look great on the stormtrooper as well.

The HT sculpt has the elements (and it's slightly improved paint on the new releases). I'm going to let someone try a repaint on it to use on the Hoth Han, but IMO, as great as Jazz's repaint is, it's just not quite there. He faked a little fullness to the lips, but the Jnix sculpt has the right fullness. The philtrum (area between the mouth and the bottom of the nose) is more pronounced as are the laugh lines on the Jnix. The eyes are set too deep on the HT and the jawline is too square and sharp.

I put the HT sculpt on a Max body and I dont think many people could tell you that's Harrison Ford. Jazz improved it for sure. but it's not the same.

I wish everyone who wanted one could get one. I encourage Jnix to do more, but respect his opinion not to. Sadly, everyone who wants something close will be able to get the inevitable recast.

View attachment 287096

View attachment 287097View attachment 287099

who`s the guy in the leather jacket :lol

Well, I love it, anyway!

View attachment 287197

WTH..are those hairs sticking out. Did you know that by shooting a close up like that. This is not helping you convince us this is great mod to a custom that is already fantastic. What a mess of an idea. You got a beautifully sculpted hair and now it looks like a Chia pet trying to escape his forehead.

Han Solo custom complete with " Hat or Morning hair " :slap

WTH..are those hairs sticking out. Did you know that by shooting a close up like that. This is not helping you convince us this is great mod to a custom that is already fantastic. What a mess of an idea. You got a beautifully sculpted hair and now it looks like a Chia pet trying to escape his forehead.

Yeah it's a bit of an odd choice. To each their own though!

Yeah it's a bit of an odd choice. To each their own though!

Clearly I'm never going to convince you guys that it looks great, but in-hand it does. Yes, there are a few stray hairs in that ultra-close-up shot, but they can (and have been) tamed with a little hair gel, and you wouldn't notice them from normal viewing distance anyway! Can't we just all agree that's it a great sculpt and leave it at that?!!! I never made any particular mention to the added hair anyway...

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 235

Jeez dude. Live and let live.

Clearly I'm never going to convince you guys that it looks great, but in-hand it does. Yes, there are a few stray hairs in that ultra-close-up shot, but they can (and have been) tamed with a little hair gel, and you wouldn't notice them from normal viewing distance anyway! Can't we just all agree that's it a great sculpt and leave it at that?!!! I never made any particular mention to the added hair anyway...

View attachment 287226

Fair enough..I don't want to make enemies, I'll respect your judgement, I'm sure it seems better in hand so power to you :wave

Back