1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's great these are back, but if I do get a Han, I'd only want one and prefer his ESB Bespin look (different blue vest and brown pants) over the ANH one. I believe he will be made eventually. My only fear is if they didn't do a slight re-release of Chewie for ESB as well. Only would want a Han if displayed with a Chewie, and don't want a Chewie without a Han. Oh, the dilemma!!! ... :rotfl ..... such problems.

It's funny that the ROTJ look was pretty much a combo of ESB and ANH

Chewie now would help your budget for later if you don't think it too different.

I was thinking the same way, all I needed was ANH Han & Chewie and that would be it as I had ESB Luke, and I have Leia ordered. The main crew done & happy, but the set had the stormie belt, so I thought yeah I wouldn't mind the Luke Ex to match. With that I started thinking I may need Obi-wan to just complete the EpIV look... now it's kinda become all in. And ESB Luke is all alone again!

Chewie now would help your budget for later if you don't think it too different.

I was thinking the same way, all I needed was ANH Han & Chewie and that would be it as I had ESB Luke, and I have Leia ordered. The main crew done & happy, but the set had the stormie belt, so I thought yeah I wouldn't mind the Luke Ex to match. With that I started thinking I may need Obi-wan to just complete the EpIV look... now it's kinda become all in. And ESB Luke is all alone again!

Wow that's will power, I've loved Han in all three films . What made them memorable IMO, I want all three versions of Han but need the funds.

As for Luke, Jedi is the one I really want HT to make. Farmboy Luke was probably my least favorite look. Whiny, barely used the light saber, can't shoot a blaster with accuracy etc. however it's probably the only film that Hamill looked handsome pre nose job.

Yeah, but I wouldn't display him alone so he'd be in a box for years, and then with my luck either they wouldn't make a Bespin Han, or they would make a new much better Chewie....:lol ...

As for Luke, Jedi is the one I really want HT to make.

Me too!! The only Luke I'd buy. I have the Sideshow version (never opened him). I was thinking I'd keep it and just buy a loose HT Luke Jedi head sculpt, but that won't happen. :) It was Sideshow's very 1st 1/6 Star Wars figure, so for that alone I cant get rid of it. It was amazing back then, cause the only thing to compare it with was Hasbro's stuff, and no comparison there!! Just to be able see how far these have come is a cool side by side comparison!! Besides, it was only like $50... :lol

Now that my reservations for Han and Chewie converted, I can honestly say that the remaining two OT figures that I would have a legitimate interest in is Yoda and a RotJ Luke. The majority of my OT SW collection is from ANH, so I really wanted ANH Han and Chewie to complete it.

I might snare an OT Stormie if I can get it for a good price, but if not, I'm content with just the Sandie.

I think it's great these are back, but if I do get a Han, I'd only want one and prefer his ESB Bespin look (different blue vest and brown pants) over the ANH one. I believe he will be made eventually. My only fear is if they didn't do a slight re-release of Chewie for ESB as well. Only would want a Han if displayed with a Chewie, and don't want a Chewie without a Han. Oh, the dilemma!!! ... :rotfl ..... such problems.

I always thought they would do an ESB and/ or ROTJ Chewie but the second run has made me reconsider that - if everyone who wants a Chewie can get one, and if some collectors are getting two so they can comb Chewie in different looks, then I'm not sure the market will be there for future versions. I would jump on this one - in fact, I'd get the two pack and kit bash a Bespin Han using either the SSC Bespin Han, and the jacket and shirt from Hoth Han if you can find them loose. You could subsidise a kit bashed Bespin outfit by selling off the ANH Han clothes; or keep them until Bespin Han comes out and sell them then (if the Bespin Han HS is better people will want the ANH clothes).

I always thought they would do an ESB and/ or ROTJ Chewie but the second run has made me reconsider that - if everyone who wants a Chewie can get one, and if some collectors are getting two so they can comb Chewie in different looks, then I'm not sure the market will be there for future versions. I would jump on this one - in fact, I'd get the two pack and kit bash a Bespin Han using either the SSC Bespin Han, and the jacket and shirt from Hoth Han if you can find them loose. You could subsidise a kit bashed Bespin outfit by selling off the ANH Han clothes; or keep them until Bespin Han comes out and sell them then (if the Bespin Han HS is better people will want the ANH clothes).

some good points there... :)

So... is HT going to announce a ESB Han or are these reissues supposed to carry us right up to when the RO figures are announced? I expected ESB or ROTJ announcements so long ago... now these reissues have me worried it may be more than a year before we see anything ESB or ROTJ.

Can someone pose Han with him holding the blaster barehanded and I want to see updated in hand pics, not old Asian blogger pics

I notice mostly everyone has been posing his action pose with is gloved hands..why? Does the bare blaster hand look that bad

Here you go. I prefer this look over the gloved hands.
2016-03-17 17.44.43.jpg

On Wednesday I went on the waitlist for a single Han and this afternoon received the conversion email; glad I'm getting him at retail and didn't take the plunge at the aftermarket prices. :yess:

So... is HT going to announce a ESB Han or are these reissues supposed to carry us right up to when the RO figures are announced? I expected ESB or ROTJ announcements so long ago... now these reissues have me worried it may be more than a year before we see anything ESB or ROTJ.

Wait until SDCC

I did my own Luke Jedi a while back

And although I'm quie pleased with him. I look forward to what HT can come up with

Just PO'd Han, missed out, wasn't crazy about it, was waiting for Besbin Han BUT I have all the other OT figs and they make an amazing group display so when it went back up, and with the march promo, I couldn't pass it up. Now they can be all together and I'm happy for everyone else who got a second chance at these EP4 figs because they'll never do these again.

I like it. He does look a little old and I would rather have the eyes and nose of Indy V2 instead, but still very nice. But the biggest problem for me is it would cost me (I'm guessing, since most people don't want to share the cost of these things) more than the Han and Chewie two pack for me to get that sculpt and have it shipped back and forth around the world if I even found someone who could paint it that nicely. I take it not everyone of those buying the sculpt get the option of having Inigo paint it?

Back