1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
This is how it looks on my shelf.

Indiana Jones is an EXTREMELY one-dimensional character. He goes after treasure, he gets in trouble, he gets out of trouble, he overcomes. That's it. It's a WONDERFUL character, and we all love him, but that's the definition of a one-dimensional character, a one-trick pony.

Conversely, the character of Han Solo is RICH with character development.

Indiana Jones in ROTLA is a man who does not believe in God, yet retrieves sacred religious artifacts. So while he holds himself up as better, there is not much difference between him and his shady competitors. Then he comes face to face with God. He fights dirty and can be cruel, even to those he loves, but the experience makes him humbler in the end, and more appreciative of the woman who went through the experience with him and he now realizes he loves.

Han Solo in ANH is a cocky charmer who's only out for himself and believes only what's right in front of him, but has a eleventh hour change of heart after spending time with those who have passion and inherent goodness.

Indiana Jones in ROTLA is a man who does not believe in God, yet retrieves sacred religious artifacts. So while he holds himself up as better, there is not much difference between him and his shady competitors. Then he comes face to face with God. He fights dirty and can be cruel, even to those he loves, but the experience makes him humbler in the end, and more appreciative of the woman who went through the experience with him and he now realizes he loves.

Han Solo in ANH is a cocky charmer who's only out for himself and believes only what's right in front of him, but has a eleventh hour change of heart after spending time with those who have passion and inherent goodness.

Agreed. I think we were kind of discussing the arc that takes place throughout the course of several movies, not just the characters' first appearance.

Didn't mean to go off on such a tangent in the ANH Solo thread....

Agreed. I think we were kind of discussing the arc that takes place throughout the course of several movies, not just the characters' first appearance.

Didn't mean to go off on such a tangent in the ANH Solo thread....

So many of those seventies/eighties "franchises" (Gremlins, Indy, Ghostbusters, Jaws, BTTF) are really just one classic movie plus "sequels" to me, so I don't really consider that other material much, even if there's the occasional fun part.:lol

You're right!
They should think about that iconic pose and they had to apply an inscription on other boot. Well, It's not the biggest problem with the boots)

is it just printed on? can it be gently scraped off?

Finally got him. Sculpt is very good. Thought I would break the arms trying to move them. Left forearm did come out of the socket, but pushed back in ok. very hard to bend the elbows. Boots suck. Might switch out with DID German officer boots or put cotton in them.

cool- not that I plan on displaying these two figures next to each other myself but it does look like Han is a bit taller than Bespin Luke (even if he should be even taller by comparison still). As I understand it the new Luke from ANH will be even shorter than the Bespin figure.

cool- not that I plan on displaying these two figures next to each other myself but it does look like Han is a bit taller than Bespin Luke (even if he should be even taller by comparison still). As I understand it the new Luke from ANH will be even shorter than the Bespin figure.

Yeah I just took the pic together for people to get a good comparison.

So, getting back to the boots... I tried the cardboard trick and it seems to work pretty well except his right boot looks like it is glued too high in the front making his heel stick out something fierce. I sent a picture to Sideshow and they say all the figures are like this. But from the pictures I've seen, I don't agree. All the boots have issue to some degree, but this looks absolutely awful. Can anyone else with the figure chime in? Are yours this bad?

Boot2.jpg

So, getting back to the boots... I tried the cardboard trick and it seems to work pretty well except his right boot looks like it is glued too high in the front making his heel stick out something fierce. I sent a picture to Sideshow and they say all the figures are like this. But from the pictures I've seen, I don't agree. All the boots have issue to some degree, but this looks absolutely awful. Can anyone else with the figure chime in? Are yours this bad?

View attachment 218198

Mine looks like that, same foot too

Yes, my boots sucks too. They are angled in such a way that the front is always pulling and bending the hell out of the back, even with the cardboard trick.

I stuffed the sides with little wads of paper towel and it helps. Nothing satisfying yet though. I'm going to replace the HT boots in time.

View attachment 218198

Yep, mine looks like that as well. I'm not worried about it because I have him facing completely forward and never see it.

It's the stupid 'half-boot' inside the boot that makes that weird unnatural bend.

I want to try and take the 'half-boot' foot out of the boots and replace with reg feet.

what about shoving some cotton in the back the boot and evening it out with a tool?

Back