1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. No visible defects. No nose scuffs or paint rubs on face. I think it's a decent portrait of Ford.

Nit picks:

• My boots look like everyone else's. I'll pad out the ankles later tonight.
  • Safety strap on holster needs to be ~1/4 inch longer. It can't reach over the blaster to close.
  • Very stiff articulation in arms

Mine arrived today. No visible defects. No nose scuffs or paint rubs on face. I think it's a decent portrait of Ford.

Nit picks:

• My boots look like everyone else's. I'll pad out the ankles later tonight.
  • Safety strap on holster needs to be ~1/4 inch longer. It can't reach over the blaster to close.
  • Very stiff articulation in arms

Glad I am not the only one. Shoulder joints hardly move and the elbow joints are a pain to move. Now the legs...... those are extremely loose....

In hand- terrific- better than 90% of pics here(haven't we heard this in almost every HT figure thread?)

After watching the trailer, I'm just so geeked that no matter his age, Harrison Ford is STILL Han Solo. I was working on some portraits tonight. This is an incredible figure, and I don't care who disagrees. Money WELL spent. Hair needs a dash of lighter brown, but other than that.... Opinions?

CE2C8CA0-D3BD-44B7-A571-71FE23218090.jpg

Nice, well lit shot, rubio! Han still doesn't do a thing for me, though. I hate the expression and it doesn't appear to be lessening w/time. It's good, though, as otherwise I'd be tempted to pick it up, instead of wait for ESB. Only room for one Han in this guy's collection.

The man can act. That was Han Solo, decades later.

Of course. But the nice thing is, to me, is that even after he's distanced himself to this point from that character, when he decided to go for it again, it's like he's putting on an old, comfortable sweater. He owns it.

So excited! And I WILL be preordering TFA Han Solo, if and when.

The thing I remember Ford saying about Solo is he felt there just wasn't much going on with the character. I think that's why he sleepwalked through ROTJ.

I imagine they wrote some meat for him to act through to get him to return.

Chewy and the Falcon help a lot to the Captain Cheer's to the Captain Solo n Chewbacca.:duff Perfect timing getting our figure's to us at the Prime time of movie trailer release. The delays now feel rigged perfectly.:lol:clap Almost too Perfect.

trailer.

https://youtu.be/sGbxmsDFVnE?t=10

The thing I remember Ford saying about Solo is he felt there just wasn't much going on with the character. I think that's why he sleepwalked through ROTJ.

I imagine they wrote some meat for him to act through to get him to return.

Okay, here's where I pontificate on the character of Han Solo, versus the character of Indiana Jones.

I saw the interview you're referring to. He referenced Han Solo as one-dimensional, and that there wasn't anything to explore there, but when asked if he would like to play Indiana Jones again, he said "in a New York minute."

There's one important thing to keep in mind, here. First is that Indiana Jones is THE main character in those movies. Han Solo is part of an ensemble.

Indiana Jones is an EXTREMELY one-dimensional character. He goes after treasure, he gets in trouble, he gets out of trouble, he overcomes. That's it. It's a WONDERFUL character, and we all love him, but that's the definition of a one-dimensional character, a one-trick pony.

Conversely, the character of Han Solo is RICH with character development.

When we first meet him, he's down on his luck and looking to get out from under his debt to Jabba. He meets Luke and Ben and Leia, and, through self-preservation, is able to overcome. Though conflicted, he takes his reward and sets off to handle his business. During that time, he apparently has guilt over his decision (enhanced by Chewbacca, no doubt), and returns to the fight that he originally called 'suicide.'

He frees Luke up to take the shot that destroyed the Death Star. He was recognized as a hero and gained a place within the Rebel Alliance.

He decided to stick with them, still keeping his options open, but was unable to abandon the Rebels on Hoth due to his attraction to Leia.

He ran with it, which ended in his imprisonment in carbonite, which he was freed from because of the bonds he had established with Luke, Leia and Lando (and of course his bond with Chewbacca). If he had not grown as a person since we met him in ANH, he would have eventually been captured by Jabba, and wouldn't have had the powerful friends that he had to come and rescue him.

Once rescued, he is given proper recognition by the Rebel Alliance and made general, and entrusted with a crucial mission to defeat the second Death Star.

He's conflicted with his love of Leia, but serves nonetheless, only to find that his devotion and love is returned.

This is a character that went from a cold loner to general within a revolutionary army, both depended on and depending on others.

If that isn't an INCREDIBLE character arc, I don't know what is.

I LOVE Indiana Jones, but Han Solo has sooooo much more depth, comparatively.

But Indiana Jones is the STAR of the movie. I think that that's what was most attractive to Harrison Ford.

/rant.

Sorry, I get deep into this ****, lol!

I'm Just very ,very thankfull how well Harrison Ford worked out Perfect and not Kurt Russel as Han lol.
Otherwise messing up our movie timeline and never getting escape from new york to big trouble in little china.

Kurt Russel as solo audition. from a long , long time ago...
https://youtu.be/nix_PID3oiA?t=38

I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny.

Ha ha sure Han.

:goodpost:

Indy was also literally a second hand character - he modelled himself after Fedora in The Last Crusade. Despite his excuse that things belong in museums, he remains a roguish tomb robber right up until KOTCS.

I just wrote as much in another thread:

I can see Ford's point of view. Han Solo is a bit part compared to Indy. Much of the character change with Han is off screen, such as his return to the Battle of Yavin.

Excellent post! And 100% agreed on all counts.

I'm just happy that he's back as Han Solo, and from all indications, is ALL IN on the character. A friend sent me this great meme. It's....PERFECT.

08BDFFD3-AF67-49B0-90C5-4B87701F766F.jpg

Back