1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for anyone who's interested here's the original pegs with the new shorter ones,with the taller of the stormtroopers and a group scale shot.View attachment 211872View attachment 211873View attachment 211874

I think that looks really, really good, Matrix. My fear is that if HT is making Luke (Ben, Leia, etc...) to scale with Han (can't imaging why not) that the new farm boy Luke and others might look too tall in comparison. There might be a run on these shorter pegs of yours if we have to adjust everyone else to be in sync with Chewie...

These are the things that can happen when we, the consumers/fans, are the ones left to make the corrections the manufacturer should have dealt with before they even shipped.

Nice pictures. Do the shorter pegs help the boots retain the correct shape, since they're thicker?

I'm curious if making Han shorter is going to make him look too short next to the other characters, like Luke & Leia.

I think that looks really, really good, Matrix. My fear is that if HT is making Luke (Ben, Leia, etc...) to scale with Han (can't imaging why not) that the new farm boy Luke and others might look too tall in comparison. There might be a run on these shorter pegs of yours if we have to adjust everyone else to be in sync with Chewie...

These are the things that can happen when we, the consumers/fans, are the ones left to make the corrections the manufacturer should have dealt with before they even shipped.

According to the specs on SSC the height of luke is 11 and leia is 10.2. I now have han standing at 12 which is the correct height he should have been in the first place and not 12' 1/4.:wink1:

These thicker pegs actually work better in keeping the correct shape of the boot.
yes, but with the leg going further into the boots are they slightly too long now as they are even closer to the knee?

According to the specs on SSC the height of luke is 11 and leia is 10.2. I now have han standing at 12 which is the correct height he should have been in the first place and not 12' 1/4.:wink1:

The picture with the tall Stormtrooper is encouraging; especially if Luke's height corresponds to the short Trooper.

I hope shorter pegs are not hard to get and aren't expensive. That's not something I have lying around.

yes, but with the leg going further into the boots are they slightly too long now as they are even closer to the knee?

The picture with the tall Stormtrooper is encouraging; especially if Luke's height corresponds to the short Trooper.

I hope shorter pegs are not hard to get and aren't expensive. That's not something I have lying around.

The boots still look great length wise with the shorter pegs and you can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay. I got them for a couple of euros/dollars free ship from HK. This mod is not a must at all and han still looks fantastic as is out of the box. All ones own preference at the end of the day:)

In those images, Han is too short by between 1/4 and 3/8 of an inch and Chewie is too short. Hot Toys also doesn't ever do a very good job of scaling figures to one another, so that's up to the customer to correct as needed. And that's pretty much industry norm. I have no expectation that either Luke or Leia will be the correct height no matter if measured by ruler or relative to another figure. I'll give them props for including the extra long ankle pegs on Han however in an attempt to get him close to the height he should be instead of shipping him massively underscaled as listed in the specs, or noticeably underscaled at an even 12".

I think HF is/was over 6 feet tall though (6'-1" or so without shoes on.) I seem to recall someone calculating that a 1/6 HF character in boots should actually be 12 1/4".

In those images, Han is too short by between 1/4 and 3/8 of an inch and Chewie is too short. Hot Toys also doesn't ever do a very good job of scaling figures to one another, so that's up to the customer to correct as needed. And that's pretty much industry norm. I have no expectation that either Luke or Leia will be the correct height no matter if measured by ruler or relative to another figure. I'll give them props for including the extra long ankle pegs on Han however in an attempt to get him close to the height he should be instead of shipping him massively underscaled as listed in the specs, or noticeably underscaled at an even 12".

And you're completely right...in you're world....but not in my world sister:wink1:

^^ Good pics but out of nearly all SW characters, Chewy's mask would add the most to the actor's vertical height (i.e. distance from Mayhew's eyes to top of costumed head versus non-costumed.) Hard to say how many inches though.

Also, given the type of thick rubbery padded feet the Chewy costume had, those might add more height than regular shoes/boots also - not sure?

Probably a few inches but i believe in full costume no more than 7f. But for me ford was no more than 6f tall in his prime,if even that! Connery,glover and broadbent who were all 6'1-6'2 are a good bit taller than him in the indy films.

^^ Good pics but out of nearly all SW characters, Chewy's mask would add the most to the actor's vertical height

Very true. And Ford's boots have at least a 1" heel on them, likely a bit more.

Regardless of their actual heights, the recent figure photos don't show them in proportion to what they looked like in the movies. It's impossible to go from measurements for everything, so at some point you have to pick a reference figure and work the others off that one and each other.

BUT... I don't really care how tall someone else wants their figures to be. I know what I will or won't do to mine depending on the scenes I'm displaying.

I'll use this photo for reference from now on. :p

Sean_Connery_lookalike_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back