1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also wish the face had a smirk or something to capture that character better.

That's one thing I think Hot Toys needs to master. They've got the quality down, they just need to pick better facial expressions for some of these characters. I understand they're probably looking for a look for all occasions, I just don't know why that look is daft or confused.

That's one thing I think Hot Toys needs to master. They've got the quality down, they just need to pick better facial expressions for some of these characters. I understand they're probably looking for a look for all occasions, I just don't know why that look is daft or confused.

Cannot please everybody though..I can imagine some people wouldn't want a smirk.

You could introduce additional headsculpts...but then you increase price and time to develop..which also doesn't please some people.

:lecture

Cannot please everybody though..I can imagine some people wouldn't want a smirk.

You could introduce additional headsculpts...but then you increase price and time to develop..which also doesn't please some people.

Which makes sense, but the facial expression goes a long ways towards characterization. All I can think of is the blank, lifeless expression on the recent Black Widow figures as I type this.

picture18hj.png

I don't really follow Hot Toys outside of Star Wars, do any of their recent releases have multiple head sculpts just for expressions? Not talking about two packs like DX07 or the Batman Returns figure obviously.
Only one that comes to mind is the Terminator figure that had the battle damage.

I don't really follow Hot Toys outside of Star Wars, do any of their recent releases have multiple head sculpts just for expressions? Not talking about two packs like DX07 or the Batman Returns figure obviously.
Only one that comes to mind is the Terminator figure that had the battle damage.

Leonidas, DX11 Joker, DX04 Bruce Lee, T-1000 are a few that come to mind, all kind of old now...alternative sculpt sets are too infrequently done imo

Which makes sense, but the facial expression goes a long ways towards characterization. All I can think of is the blank, lifeless expression on the recent Black Widow figures as I type this.
I don't know why they don't do a limited run of head sculpts for an alternative look, and seperately. Can't imagine it's a big deal to realise something like that. Am sure they would sell.

Back