1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that's not the correct MSRP, though. I don't want to pay anything more for these than I have to, but with a few of the prices on recent releases, I'm a little worried.
I believe I saw the HK prices on FB. It roughly translated to Han being $198 and Chewie being $250/260. So with Sideshows mark up I can see them being $230 and $280. Not surprised with the price on Chewie given all the rooted hair. Still surprised that they're mass producing that fur ball.

Give me this Hot toys. Please! LOL
aotc-padme12.jpg

padme_amidala.jpg

Padm-Naberrie-Amidala-Skywalker-padme-naberrie-amidala-skywalker-17162722-641-1500.jpg

Please keep such trash out of here.

Part of the problem is that HT's paint work does make the figure look more realistic - but that doesn't make him look more like Ford. On the other side, SSC's paint continues to make great sculpts lesser. I do hope we'll see HT tweaking it, because I think with just some minor work they'll be able to nail it, and with their production paint operations, we could end up with a winner. As others have said, I'm hoping we don't end up with a "let's hope for a v2" result.

While it's not perfect... I think it's definitely much better looking than the DX Indy, so I'm pretty confident the final product will be a crowd pleaser. And with HT track record its unlikely they will do any tweaks to the sculpt, but it will likely soften a bit in production. If they didn't tweak Indy, they won't tweak Han :lol

I believe I saw the HK prices on FB. It roughly translated to Han being $198 and Chewie being $250/260. So with Sideshows mark up I can see them being $230 and $280. Not surprised with the price on Chewie given all the rooted hair. Still surprised that they're mass producing that fur ball.

I'd be good with those prices... I had forgotten Groot was $200, and he's a fully sculpted body which probably has similar issues when it comes to R&D and final costs.

That I can work with. I was worried about them due to that Deadpool price.

I really don't know what Sideshow is thinking with that Deadpool figure... I mean it's nice and all, but $230, **** me :lol

Part of the problem is that HT's paint work does make the figure look more realistic - but that doesn't make him look more like Ford. On the other side, SSC's paint continues to make great sculpts lesser. I do hope we'll see HT tweaking it, because I think with just some minor work they'll be able to nail it, and with their production paint operations, we could end up with a winner. As others have said, I'm hoping we don't end up with a "let's hope for a v2" result.

I'm praying that they polish these up. If they did it for Thor, T-800 and a couple of others then they have to do it here.

Come on Howard Chan, you're our only hope!!

Give me this Hot toys. Please! LOL
aotc-padme12.jpg

padme_amidala.jpg

Padm-Naberrie-Amidala-Skywalker-padme-naberrie-amidala-skywalker-17162722-641-1500.jpg

Give me.... Portman? Yes. A Padme fig? NO

HT Han solo here is pretty cool, I do see the Harrison Ford likeness, also looks a bit like my dad when he was young ;-)
Definitely gonna pick both Han and Chewie up.

That HS needs a lot of work, pass for me unless they fix it to actually look like young Ford.

Guess it's just me but I prefer seeing all of their figures in the toy hunter display. Always look better there to me, above examples included.

I'm just going to wait for in-hand pics on this before making a decision. I may just split my purchases between both companies: Sideshow Hoth Han (if the production piece comes out good) and the Taun Taun, and HT Chewy to go with it.

Ben, please. Calm down for a minute and think this through. You don't want to make any rash decisions that you will regret later. Star Wars, it comes and goes. Back to the Future? It's forever.

I'm sorry Sam. Marty is an unfortunate casualty in my quest to have Han and Chewie. If somebody wants to buy him for me for my birthday or Christmas, then I'll gladly add him to my collection. Otherwise, he's history.

I really don't know what Sideshow is thinking with that Deadpool figure... I mean it's nice and all, but $230, **** me :lol

Yeah. F Deadpool.

I'm in for chewie not han unless it starts looking like him. I have a custom sculpt that I would like to get pro painted and Ild rather spend my cash on thT rather than another flights that don't look right.

And Marty and the Deloran. And Chewie.

Back