1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't sure I wanted this, but the diorama sold it. Got it last night and I have to say that the suit is far, far superior than the one on the original figure. Not just tailoring, but the material used as well. I think I still prefer the mask as a separate piece, so I might combine the sets for the perfect Bank Robber Joker.

I wasn't sure I wanted this, but the diorama sold it. Got it last night and I have to say that the suit is far, far superior than the one on the original figure. Not just tailoring, but the material used as well. I think I still prefer the mask as a separate piece, so I might combine the sets for the perfect Bank Robber Joker.

How about the repainted sculpt, good or bad?

I have been dying to see some legit side by side pics of the two! Please take some if you can

Not liking the inner eyes. Kinda too slanted like asian eyes for some reason.

Before someone jumps in with a racist remark, im asian btw. :lol

Hmmmm that's like saying I'm not racist but..... Then saying something homophobic but it's OK because you have gay mates. ;)

I still think v1 is far superior.

I have been dying to see some legit side by side pics of the two! Please take some if you can

I'll try and take some comparison shots this weekend. The non-mask Joker looks pretty good, but I can't say if it's any better than the last one.

Well, c'mon, you mentioned how you didn't understand why people would think the price is appalling. Naturally I decided to chime in with the same crap I've been spewing for the past month. It's as simple as that.

I don't care if I'm repeating myself. I don't want to see fellow collectors let their guard down and slip into a trance where they think $300 for this type of doll is acceptable, because then it will be $320, and we'll argue if that is appropriate. Then it will be $350, and we'll argue about that too. If you don't clench your ass sooner or latter, you'll eventually get ****ed.

Now I have no problem with people that buy this and want it, it's their money and prerogative, but when I start to see glimpses of "I don't get why people would have a fault about this set" and then justify it like Jeff was doing, I'm gonna rant unapologetically as to why that's not true. I've got it to the point where I can just copy and paste my responses anyway. :lol
Welp, I got mine today and I'm very happy with it.

Realistically, I agree with you - they squeezed an extra $50.00 to $75.00 bucks on this release, but there's not many figures they could do that with. Considering the DX11's are going for prices as insane as $500 and $600, $300.00 for a brand new figure doesn't sound too bad right?

This is my first Heath Ledger Joker, I LOVE the robber scene, I think it's the best Ledger sculpt yet - it was a pretty easy buy for me.

Hmmmm that's like saying I'm not racist but..... Then saying something homophobic but it's OK because you have gay mates. ;)

I still think v1 is far superior.

lol, I meant I dont like it because Im all for accuracy, and Heath doesnt have slanted asian eyes. oh btw regarding your comparison, its more of like how its ok for blacks to be calling each other the N word, but its not ok when a white guy says it to a black guy.

I'll try and take some comparison shots this weekend. The non-mask Joker looks pretty good, but I can't say if it's any better than the last one.

I agree, as its a pretty outdated head sculpt. Looking forward to your pic comparisons.

You could just say slanted eyes, instead of describing it as asian. Not all asians have slanted eyes.

Some Caucasians have slanted eyes as well. And this one looks more asian like feature slanted eyes. ****, what did I get myself into, it seem some of you woke up on the wrong side of the bed :lol

Eh I don't really care, but it's a shaky subject. Like identifying big noses with jewish people. Thick lips with black people. Etc.

Can be touchy.

Here's a few pics from a poster at Toys Daily, didn't save them all because the bank manager looked really weak.

DSC_8741_526F672C.jpg
DSC_8748_526F672C.jpg
DSC_8772.jpg
DSC_8773.jpg
DSC_8774.jpg
DSC_8775.jpg
DSC_8803.jpg

He looks pretty good to me. I actually love taking the Joker sculpt and putting it on the DX11 the way the Review Spot did. I think it's a better sculpt.

Welp, I got mine today and I'm very happy with it.

Realistically, I agree with you - they squeezed an extra $50.00 to $75.00 bucks on this release, but there's not many figures they could do that with. Considering the DX11's are going for prices as insane as $500 and $600, $300.00 for a brand new figure doesn't sound too bad right?

This is my first Heath Ledger Joker, I LOVE the robber scene, I think it's the best Ledger sculpt yet - it was a pretty easy buy for me.

That's why the prices continue to rise. A figure is sold for $150. People miss out on it and decide to pay $300 aftermarket. HT sees that and sells the next version (which you should have just waited for in the first place) at $200. You say, "Hey, it's better than paying $300." People miss out on the $200 version and buy it aftermarket at $400. Now, $250 ain't so bad, right?

People will miss this figure and who knows what astronomical prices they will pay even though it is already a rip off at $275, but next thing you know, paying $400 for the next bare bones repaint won't be so bad as $900 aftermarket, right?

I really hope it reaches a breaking point soon. If we're lucky, this figure's numbers end up being terrible, making HT step back and say, "Hey, we can't take it this far (yet) because even though this is a Ledger Joker, it's not selling out now."

Eh I don't really care, but it's a shaky subject. Like identifying big noses with jewish people. Thick lips with black people. Etc.

Can be touchy.

I was at Fan Expo waiting for a Q & A. This guy was handing out free posters and the guy beside me says, "I'm brown, so of course I'll take whatever I can get for free." The guy handing out the posters said, "I know how that is. Just look at the size of my nose."

I laughed, but not too much since I'm white!

Here's a few pics from a poster at Toys Daily, didn't save them all because the bank manager looked really weak.

View attachment 132776
View attachment 132777
View attachment 132778
View attachment 132779
View attachment 132780
View attachment 132781
View attachment 132782

Wow, he doesn't look like a toy with the mask on. Almost look like a real guy dress up as the BR Joker.

Mines shipping. I'm guessing I'll have him maybe sometime next week or the week after.

Hot Toys has problems with the Joker nurse fig, but yet somehow Lego has more money to put him in a game!!! Understand they are differences but lol man this is awesome:

10635926_10153257615767788_1789972923041553235_n.jpg

Back