1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pucker up Hot Toys, s/he's all yours.

nursejokerhi.jpg

That's why the prices continue to rise. A figure is sold for $150. People miss out on it and decide to pay $300 aftermarket. HT sees that and sells the next version (which you should have just waited for in the first place) at $200. You say, "Hey, it's better than paying $300." People miss out on the $200 version and buy it aftermarket at $400. Now, $250 ain't so bad, right?

People will miss this figure and who knows what astronomical prices they will pay even though it is already a rip off at $275, but next thing you know, paying $400 for the next bare bones repaint won't be so bad as $900 aftermarket, right?

I really hope it reaches a breaking point soon. If we're lucky, this figure's numbers end up being terrible, making HT step back and say, "Hey, we can't take it this far (yet) because even though this is a Ledger Joker, it's not selling out now."

I was at Fan Expo waiting for a Q & A. This guy was handing out free posters and the guy beside me says, "I'm brown, so of course I'll take whatever I can get for free." The guy handing out the posters said, "I know how that is. Just look at the size of my nose."

I laughed, but not too much since I'm white!
I'm a proponent of markets dictating themselves.....the reason why we DON'T see figures selling for prices as insane as $500 or $600 on initial releases is because they wouldn't sell enough of them.

Like I said, I think with the market demand for this figure, they were able to squeeze another $50.00 to $75.00 - but that's fairly rare because I think the DX11 would have to be the most popular figure of all-time.

If Hot Toys keeps coming out with more Ledger Jokers, they will eventually saturate the market and it would be tougher and tougher to get that premium price, like they are getting for this Robber Version 2.0 figure. As a result, I would not expect to see another Ledger Joker anytime soon - what would there even be to release? They can go ahead and release the nurse version - that would be an easy pass for me. It's hard to imagine the sculpts making a similar improvement that we've seen the last 5 years over the next 5 years - as a result, how insane would the Joker Version 3.0's look if we ever get them? It wouldn't be anytime soon of course but who knows what we'll see in a few years time.

I saw this ebay auction, in the U.S for $370. Then tonight for $299. So for ****s and giggles, I sent an offer for $220 . . .

Spoiler Spoiler:

Legit?

Last edited:
Seems too good to be true. Momma always said if it's too good to be true, it prolly is. Why would you buy that from Sideshow for $300 and sell it for such a loss by only making 200 bucks?

Bet I'm gonna get raped but whatever,

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

If I get something that isn't actually a box a bricks, part out time for you fellas. Just want dat bag n' rack.

No, you caved!!! :slap :lol Is it just Rambler and me now? haha

Yeah, looks real bad. Hypocritical even. I really didn't think that dude would accept an offer that low. At first I thought it was a mistake.

Well, I still fought the powers maaaan, didn't pay no $270/$300. Sideshow didn't get my money! Besides, it ain't over till it's over and I got tracking and it's on my workdesk. If karma is real, I'll get ****ed I bet.

Yeah, looks real bad. Hypocritical even. I really didn't think that dude would accept an offer that low. At first I thought it was a mistake.

Well, I still fought the powers man. Sideshow didn't get my money!

Haha. All that aside, I hope it turns out to be a legit transaction. Good catch. :hi5:

Seems too good to be true. Momma always said if it's too good to be true, it prolly is. Why would you buy that from Sideshow for $300 and sell it for such a loss by only making 200 bucks?

Bet I'm gonna get raped but whatever,

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

If I get something that isn't actually a box a bricks, part out time for you fellas. Just want dat bag n' rack.

Maybe he doesnt know too much bout HT prices, or maybe there was some last minute, emergency stuffs that need quick funds.

Seller feedback seems to be legit, and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

I think once you receive it in hand and compare the two suits, you might wanna swap it out and sell the V1 suit. Paint on the shoes might even be better too, since HT improved tremendously since 2008. Along with the inner body, hands etc.

Heck, I think just by selling the Joker head, youd already be getting like what, 50% of your money back :lol

Back