1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you wish it was back in the old days when Hot Toys felt exclusive and not everyone on the block had them? They're like Jordans nowadays... lol Every one has em, loses their..... what's the word....

Don't you wish it was back in the old days when Hot Toys felt exclusive and not everyone on the block had them? They're like Jordans nowadays... lol Every one has em, loses their..... what's the word....

Except Jordan retros have lost their quality and Hot Toys had improved theirs. After seeing the old suit, I see the improvements on the new one.

V1 still looks great. The one major downside is the super white mask.

True, but to be fair this is the only photo of the new one that looks decent with the mask.

10455844_10152162505567344_1790601370232283878_n.jpg

I mean..Wtf is this suppose to be?:lol

10303442_10152162505597344_573033614062320661_n.jpg

:monkey4

I believe the mask is fused to the face though..kinda like the 'Predators' Predators.

Curious for new comers, how did you find out about Hot Toys?

Well, i stumbled on to this site by accident searching for a comic book on Google about three years ago. I kept seeing pics of some of the figures and i was blown away by the details these figures had. I noticed in people's post that they were calling these figures "Hot Toys", i researched it and found that it's a company that makes 1/6 scale figures. I Googled some of the figures and saw some video reviews on youtube and i was pretty much sold. I have only been collecting for about two years now and i have 45 HT figures and 5 EB figures so far.

Much of the tone of this thread appears to be...

View attachment 118267

But I will probably buy since I got into Hot Toys at DX01 and missed the BRJ.

A head sculpt with the mask moulded on seems to make good sense, rather than trying to deform a mask over another head sculpt.

One thing's for certain. If I get him I can ditch that Asmus atrocity that passed itself off as the BRJ outfit. :lol

And this was the '66 Joker robbery mask? I'd forgotten/missed the reference:

Cool ref, thanks for posting. Never knew there was a '66 connection there!

What I don't get though, is why the new masked sculpt is still oversized? Look at your pic from TDK and the size of the head with mask on.
The original was big because it had to fit practically over the slicked back sculpt. The head is way too big on this, and for no reason, as if they just stuck the existing mask sculpt over a head and cast the lot.... oh wait..

:lol

You know, some people actually have it right its just the BETA Joker from the old bank robber version. And now the make him as new

Am i the only one who thinks it look exactly like the previous bank robber joker? I had that, and i honestly cant see any significant difference in this to call it a "new" joker.

Fixed for ya.....:rotfl

:lol

BRJ was my first HT figure ever, and I would never sell it. Because of that, I initially scoffed at this reveal (mind you, I wasn't mad they're re-releasing it, I think it's a great opportunity for people who never got the first one). But I pulled out my V1 that I haven't moved in my display for almost a year. It's still a great figure, but it IS lacking in some areas by today's standards.
Honestly, V2 might be a viable upgrade. Definitely not going to pre-order it, but if in hand pics look as good as the protos, I might just do it.

Unfortunately, I'm slowly turning to this opinion. I scoffed at the reveal. but I also reposed my V1 yesterday and thought I might want the upgrade to do another scene on a different shelf. I hate being a completionist. Damn my OCD and this hobby!

So I wonder when these Toy Fairs Exclusive figures will go up for pre-order.

I checked my SSC account to see when I ordered Gordon last year. I know that doesn't really help as far as when these will go up, but I thought I PO'd on day one, and the date on my order says July 27. That seems pretty late compared to how early these were revealed. I didn't get the Gordon until October that year, so there was still a several month wait.

on ebay people sell this one for 360 USD and if you want to 710 USD

i think its to much for one ad all :lol

but on the other hand he is still cheap and maybe later get expensive

Back