1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I checked my SSC account to see when I ordered Gordon last year. I know that doesn't really help as far as when these will go up, but I thought I PO'd on day one, and the date on my order says July 27. That seems pretty late compared to how early these were revealed. I didn't get the Gordon until October that year, so there was still a several month wait.

I think we should see some in Hand pics within the month, since I think the Asain markets might get him before the US stock even goes up for PO, isn't that what happened last year?

Damn it, I feel myself being swayed toward getting it now. Been thinking too much about the epic opening scene of TDK and how much I wanted this damn figure a few years ago. :lol

He's really a great figure. The only reason I sold mine months ago was in anticipation of a remake. Glad that gamble payed off. Really wish the clown mask was separate from the head like the original though. Oh well.

Before anymore repeats of Batman and Joker within the TDK trilogy line (not talking about other lines, which also need releases), but just within the TDK trilogy line: 1st priority -- Ra's please (ice duel costume, ninja final test costume + black suit). 2nd. Two-Face 2.0 DX version with PERS eyes on the the scarred head (it's actually supposed to look googly :lol) 3rd. Scarecrow 2.0 with Jonathan Crane headsculpt and better suit. If these three figures get released, and the TDK trilogy HT line ends there, I won't mind. If it continues for a few more after that though the second tier interests for me: I'd really like a HT Lucius, "Miranda Tate" and a Blake.

Before anymore repeats of Batman and Joker within the TDK trilogy line (not talking about other lines, which also need releases), but just within the TDK trilogy line: 1st priority -- Ra's please (ice duel costume, ninja final test costume + black suit). 2nd. Two-Face 2.0 DX version with PERS eyes on the the scarred head (it's actually supposed to look googly :lol) 3rd. Scarecrow 2.0 with Jonathan Crane headsculpt and better suit. If these three figures get released, and the TDK trilogy HT line ends there, I won't mind. If it continues for a few more after that though the second tier interests for me: I'd really like a HT Lucius, "Miranda Tate" and a Blake.

Ra's, Two-Face and Scarecrow would be great. We could happily watch this line retire then. Whatever happened to the TDKR armory from SDCC last year? Guess that's been scrapped?

Wow, just yesterday this thread was almost totally:

"Lazy Hot Toys, easy pass"

It's still mostly that, but now there's a gradually growing change in sentiment.

Much of the tone of this thread appears to be...

View attachment 118267

But I will probably buy since I got into Hot Toys at DX01 and missed the BRJ.

BRJ was my first HT figure ever, and I would never sell it. Because of that, I initially scoffed at this reveal (mind you, I wasn't mad they're re-releasing it, I think it's a great opportunity for people who never got the first one). But I pulled out my V1 that I haven't moved in my display for almost a year. It's still a great figure, but it IS lacking in some areas by today's standards.
Honestly, V2 might be a viable upgrade. Definitely not going to pre-order it, but if in hand pics look as good as the protos, I might just do it.

I do not have either version, but if I had to pick one, I think I'd rather go with the original version. The deciding factor is having a removable mask. I'm not a fan of how it's its own sculpt now. I'll see which one to get as time goes on.
Rather have the V1, but still looking at the V2 as an option.

I'm so happy to be getting this! Never had a Ledger Joker, and I want to rebuild my Batman Nolan collection as I had to sell off my Batman Begins DX and Selina Kyle figures. Things are better now and I can't imagine parting with this!

In those pics he looks pretty decent. Which gets me more psyched with the V2 as its gonna be leap years better than that. :rock

Except Jordan retros have lost their quality and Hot Toys had improved theirs. After seeing the old suit, I see the improvements on the new one.

:lol

Unfortunately, I'm slowly turning to this opinion. I scoffed at the reveal. but I also reposed my V1 yesterday and thought I might want the upgrade to do another scene on a different shelf. I hate being a completionist. Damn my OCD and this hobby!

Damn it, I feel myself being swayed toward getting it now. Been thinking too much about the epic opening scene of TDK and how much I wanted this damn figure a few years ago. :lol

As an owner of the V1, I still plan on passing on the V2, (at least, as of now :lol)

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm pretty sure I'll get it. I got rid of my BR Joker awhile back, and I really do like this sculpt. Always did.

I never owned the original, and for some reason, I never really wanted to. This is still a pass at this point.

I'd love a Ninja Bruce though.

Ra's, Two-Face and Scarecrow would be great. We could happily watch this line retire then. Whatever happened to the TDKR armory from SDCC last year? Guess that's been scrapped?

The last official thing I read about it was that they're having some difficulty with the production of it. Not officially announced as scraped, but then again how often does Hot Toys actually announce that they've cancelled something? They just let it fade away...

I never owned the original, and for some reason, I never really wanted to. This is still a pass at this point.

I'd love a Ninja Bruce though.

Me too, and that would be the perfect opportunity for them to finally get Ra's done at the same time.

Okay, so, as a collector who doesn't yet own a Joker and isn't sure he wants to settle for the Bank Robber outfit, let me ask--is a Joker 3.0 anything more than a rumor at this point? Because I really want one with the purple outfit.

Curious for new comers, how did you find out about Hot Toys?

Not really a newcomer. But I had never heard of Hot Toys prior to spring of 2012. I knew about SS and pre-ordered the very first SW releases. I ran across Hot Toys when I was selling off my 12" Hasbro Star Wars collection. researched and saw the DX Jack Sparrow and had to have it. So obviously I missed many of the earlier releases like the BR and DX Joker and Davy Jones.

Okay, so, as a collector who doesn't yet own a Joker and isn't sure he wants to settle for the Bank Robber outfit, let me ask--is a Joker 3.0 anything more than a rumor at this point? Because I really want one with the purple outfit.
Totally a rumor at this point. But you can get the last DX Joker for around retail, so why wait? Certainly, the prices aren't going to get lower as time goes on.

Not really a newcomer. But I had never heard of Hot Toys prior to spring of 2012. I knew about SS and pre-ordered the very first SW releases. I ran across Hot Toys when I was selling off my 12" Hasbro Star Wars collection. researched and saw the DX Jack Sparrow and had to have it. So obviously I missed many of the earlier releases like the BR and DX Joker and Davy Jones.

Thats a great figure and one that can make you definitely get hooked on Hot Toys very fast. Jack is one of their best releases ever in my opinion.

Back