1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

Though I'm still on the fence I'm actually pretty happy it's no PERS sculpt. If I'm getting the set, I'd probably pop the flat haired headsculpt of the first version on it with the mask in the hand and use this headsculpt, maybe with a repainted eye position for another Joker.

Here's a gif I quickly made: ... I Think of using it as new avatar now ... :lol

View attachment 118119

What do you think of the alternate eye positions?

Actually the original headsculpt always was one of HT better ones imo so with the more improved paint app and finer sculpted hair this seems to come with, I think it's a nice headsculpt, not perfect for sure but I think it could look better than the DX11.

Really digging the changed eye position idea. And I agree, Fan. This sculpt is def better than the DX11.

Last edited:
Bank Robber Joker is the first HT I ever saw - someone had posted it in the TDK thread on Superhero Hype. I didn't buy it at the time ($150 for a toy? Ridiculous!), but it got me interested in 1/6, and led me here. My initial reaction to seeing the publicity shots for it is still the most blown away I've ever been by a figure.

So it's funny how times change, where when I saw the pics on Facebook last night, I actually laughed out of the ridiculousness of this release.

It's got some pros - the weathering on the mask is better than the bright white original, and the paint seems better (if that's the paint we actually get), but other than that... zzzzz.

You frequented the SHH boards during the TDK release??? So did I! It was like a home away from home for me then!

Feel free to justify your purchases however you damn well please. Boring.

I'm actually asking a valid question.

Sure and that valid question is:

But why would anyone want to spend $230+ on an outdated figure with no worthy updates whatsoever? Even if you didn't get the first version, it makes no sense.

The DX 11 was an amazing package, it actually justified it's existence by offering an updated great figure for those who didn't get the first DX.

Stupid.

I agree it's not enough of an upgrade from the V1 for owners of that one to buy it, but I think buying this if you don't have the first version is actually the only reason that makes sense. Retail prices of these figures increase as the years go by, that's just a given. Asking why someone would buy this at current retail price for Hot Toys figures when the V1 could've been had for the then retail price for Hot Toys figures is like asking why would anyone buy collectors figures at 2014 prices when the 2008 prices were much less. The answer is simply, because it's not 2008 anymore, and that's the price. Unless there is an option for buyers to get a BRJ for less than this will retail for, paying current MSRP does make sense (for people who don't have V1).

Bank Robber Joker is the first HT I ever saw - someone had posted it in the TDK thread on Superhero Hype. I didn't buy it at the time ($150 for a toy? Ridiculous!), but it got me interested in 1/6, and led me here. My initial reaction to seeing the publicity shots for it is still the most blown away I've ever been by a figure.

So it's funny how times change, where when I saw the pics on Facebook last night, I actually laughed out of the ridiculousness of this release.

It's got some pros - the weathering on the mask is better than the bright white original, and the paint seems better (if that's the paint we actually get), but other than that... zzzzz.

Yeah, I can understand and even justify paying $240 for the original on ebay if there were no other options. But here we have a "new" version with updated accessories, paint, extra sculpt, outfit.... and the main sculpt is the old one. So what bothers me is that feeling of paying a modern/current price for a "new figure" but with an outdated head sculpt. I won't get it. I was so exited to be getting an updated version and I had the same feeling I had back in 2009, it was exiting again...and we get this. I'm just very disappointed right now. :(

You frequented the SHH boards during the TDK release??? So did I! It was like a home away from home for me then!

Yup. The TDK mania was what I was mostly there for - I liked a lot of the other boards on there, but faded away from that site. But the fever pitch that hype and excitement reached leading up to TDK... I'd never been a part of anything like it.

Yeah, I can understand and even justify paying $240 for the original on ebay if there were no other options. But here we have a "new" version with updated accessories, paint, extra sculpt, outfit.... and the main sculpt is the old one. So what bothers me is that feeling of paying a modern/current price for a "new figure" but with an outdated head sculpt. I won't get it. I was so exited to be getting an updated version and I had the same feeling I had back in 2009, it was exiting again...and we get this. I'm just very disappointed right now. :(

How about buying the V1 $40 cheaper than V2:monkey3

This figure is the best alternative in a bad situation. If you always wanted a BR Joker, here you go, the old figure with a modern price tag, but again, if you never had the original, and you're getting a new version, wouldn't it be better if the sculpt was new also? No to mention, the original had 2 Heath Ledger sculpts and a separate mask...

It's great for those who didn't get the original and it's a better offer than paying $500 on ebay for the old one. But I sold my BR Joker for$400 last year because I wanted an updated version, DX11. I just see this as a missed opportunity because the costume looks better, the accessories look better, the backdrop is nice, but for those people like me who didn't like the original sculpt, it's pointless to pay $240 for an outdated head sculpt with better paint...and it's not even accurate to the scene. The makeup should be clean...and it would've been cool to get a sculpt with a smile like when he says, "what doesn't kill make you stranger." Like I said, missed opportunity. LAME.

and thats what i feel this is geared towards. Yep the paint they show in the promo pics are not accurate to the scene, but I tend to think a lot of collectors do not know this, and a lot dont collect for 100% accuracy to a scene.

its clearly not geared towards you and others on here who dont think its worth it or who have v1. thats perfectly fine. so just don't buy it. But if people who are complaining about this wind up buying it, and you know many will, then all these complaints wind up meaning nothing.

would love to see a cross reference list of people who complain but then wind up buying it. :lol

Your a good Freak Clown Prince, I always enjoy your posts when i see them. I understand your reasoning for not liking it. Im just saying theres other who will want this figure for different reasons. Which to me means more about Heath's portrayal of the Joker and everyone will always love his performance.

and thats what i feel this is geared towards. Yep the paint they show in the promo pics are not accurate to the scene, but I tend to think a lot of collectors do not know this, and a lot dont collect for 100% accuracy to a scene.

its clearly not geared towards you and others on here who dont think its worth it or who have v1. thats perfectly fine. so just don't buy it. But if people who are complaining about this wind up buying it, and you know many will, then all these complaints wind up meaning nothing.

would love to see a cross reference list of people who complain but then wind up buying it. :lol

Your a good Freak Clown Prince, I always enjoy your posts when i see them. I understand your reasoning for not liking it. Im just saying theres other who will want this figure for different reasons. Which to me means more about Heath's portrayal of the Joker and everyone will always love his performance.

:goodpost: I understand. I'm just very disappointed. I was so excited about this guy, but hey, maybe we'll get a 3.0 or a Nurse version one day :) :hi5:

I'm happy for the guys who missed out on the old BR Joker, prices on the bay were well over the top, he is still one of my favorite HT figs.

I really don't know whether to get this one or not. :dunno

Oh we will get a 3.0. And a 4.0, 5.0, 6.0....Based on Chan's remarks we will see no end to the Ledger Joker!

Yeah, but how many purple suit versions can they do? The same DX11 with different facial expressions? One with the tongue out, one with upside down hair (from the last scene) :lol ...A new cop version....the "forbidden" Nurse version? :lol The sad thing is, this might be the last time we get a bank robber joker, and it's the old one...which I don't have anymore, but I guess I can wait for a 3.0 Joker to get a new head sculpt :lol

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Will this one come with a watch btw?

Sadly not but I decided to make a small run of accurate custom ones. Lmk if you're interested! For some funny reason it's actually the same calculator watch also Walther White and Marty McFly wore. :lol

I realize I asked this already, but it went unanswered (as far as I can see). Can you flex these exclusives?

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - 1/6 Bank Robber Joker 2.0 - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - official

Sadly not but I decided I'll make a small run of accurate custom ones. Lmk if you're interested! For some funny reason it's actually the same calculator watch also Walther White and Marty McFly wore. :lol

Really? I just watched (no pun intended :wink1:) that scene again this morning and I never got a clear view of what kind of watch he's wearing.

Back