1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - Toy Fairs Exclusive 2014 - Bank Robber Joker 2.0 ?

I appreciate the desire to get a say back at his post but he's already backed down^

Man so much drama (no offense). Just going through the later posts. It's really not like I don't want to understand him or others, I just got the feeling like this wasn't the case from both sides.

In the end I think it's just like somebody posted before, nobody should take these things to seriously. :peace

Edit: Here is what I meant:

My opinion:

(...)

Stop taking things so seriously, is what I'm getting at. Appreciate what you do have, enjoy the hobby, and don't worry so much about what other people think.

:goodpost:

Last edited:

So we lost Maglor and now it appears we are going to lose Difabio, shame as those 2 are/were great members. I don't blame them though for leaving or taking a break or whatever. If it isn't working out it isn't working out..this **** is suppose to be fun, not stress inducing.

hobby definition - Google Search.png

Boy there's a lot of sensitive people on this post [emoji22]

So we lost Maglor and now it appears we are going to lose Difabio, shame as those 2 are/were great members. I don't blame them though for leaving or taking a break or whatever. If it isn't working out it isn't working out..this **** is suppose to be fun, not stress inducing.

View attachment 117888

they ruin it for themselves. they get too worked up for absolutely no reason. there was no reason to lash out at me. I didnt even say anything bad. But this is what they do, they rage on trying to tear everyone down who doesn't agree with them. I don't mind disagreement when its done respectfully, but when you attack someone for what they like, to me thats "pointless". If they cant enjoy anything anymore, thats their own issues to deal with.

thats the last i will say about it. Im going to keep on enjoying this site. A lot of really nice people here. Thanks to those who I talk to. :)

Don't leave, DiFabio. You're one of my favorite people here.:lecture Seriously, though; if you have to, restrict yourself to the non-collectible threads or something, but yeah...don't leave.:hi5:

I second that! I just started posting here and - while we may have differing opinions - you seem like a well educated, well seasoned collector with a lot of passion for the hobby.

they ruin it for themselves. they get too worked up for absolutely no reason. there was no reason to lash out at me. I didnt even say anything bad. But this is what they do, they rage on trying to tear everyone down who doesn't agree with them. I don't mind disagreement when its done respectfully, but when you attack someone for what they like, to me thats "pointless". If they cant enjoy anything anymore, thats their own issues to deal with.

thats the last i will say about it. Im going to keep on enjoying this site. A lot of really nice people here. Thanks to those who I talk to. :)

Amen, Morphosis! I joined this board to have good conservation with passionate collectors. You, my friend, are definitely one of those and I value the stand you take to keep things civil and productive.

Sure they do. I read lots of posts over the past months of people complaining about Hot Toys but specially about (in their opinion) dumb collectors asking for more Nolan Batman releases or re-releases, as if that would cause that Hot Toys doesn’t release other things.

There were many imo disrespectful posts towards Nolan Batman collectors pointing at them as if they were collecting just because they don’t like other things and are pathologically fixated on this line and things like that.

But I’m sure I’m not only speaking for myself when I say that this is wrong. I collect things from this line as I love the movies and especially the art of the movies so I love to have realistic models from them to look at at home. Re-releases are in the nature of these high-end collectibles as there is a chance to get them close / closer to perfection compared to other kinds of collectibles (posted all that before but counter arguments are simply ignored anyway, right? …).

There are many other movies I love, and I also have many other collectible, but I couldn't and wouldn't concentrate as much on them collectible-wise. Am I alone with that. - Don't think so. Is that dumb? - Don't think so. Hence I think I understand why HT keeps making these figures. But if they didn’t I wouldn’t go into other threads of other collectibles to complaining about the collectors.

I don’t mind when a thousand people post that they don’t like a figure release or the way a company behaves and so on, in fact I even share some opinions, just take a look at my opening post:

I also understand the frustration about other releases that people are waiting for.

But it’s a different story when somebody keeps posting that other collectors are annoying him since they keep having fun with Nolan Batman collectibles and while posting that doesn’t give a damm about their reasons.
You’re really surprised that these collectors get annoyed from that behaviour after all? :dunno

As always... good post, Fan. I don't want to get in the middle of anything... But from a newbie's perspective I feel like there are some good people here who are passionate about their hobby having a disagreement. Yes - there are some really ridiculous trolls out there who make TDK and/or Hot Toys collecting seem like having leperscy. Those dudes don't deserve the time of day. But for those of us who love this hobby and, all in all, enjoy the happiness collecting brings to ourselves and others - I hope you all can get passed this and back to the business of debating :D

Thanks cenzo316, trying my best :wink1::

My guess is they'll use some variation of the DX11 sculpt for one of the heads. (Assuming they give us multiple sculpts) They love to recycle with the TF releases. But if we get 2 sculpts and a diorama base like the bank or maybe even the street corner where we first see him I'm guessing a $230-$260 price tag.

Well that would make sense also looking at last year's exclusives. Think such a base would be cool.
Btw, would you guys think it would make sense to add some kind of speculation area to the first post with all things we consider possible for this release that have been thrown in here already? :)

Amen, Morphosis! I joined this board to have good conservation with passionate collectors. You, my friend, are definitely one of those and I value the stand you take to keep things civil and productive.

thanks Cenzo for the nice words. :)

Someone from the Taiwanese forum where I am actively participating reported the price of all three. Not sure how he got the info, but the price for the Joker seem to be reasonably a 1/6th scale.

Well, don't quote me though.

What happened to Maglor? I 'missed out' on that :monkey3

Not sure if anything really "happened".

He was appearing to be stressed (much like Difabio)..and then he just kinda stopped posting. :dunno

Go on . . .

Just searched around and couldn't find the source regarding pricing.
So whether 1/6 or 1/4 is still unconfirmed, and I apologize for misleading.

This might not even be a Joker 2.0. This could be a TDK figure. So it could be a Gordon figure...although why show the mask? That's very specific :lol Then again, maybe they wanted a mask theme, with the predator mask,joker mask, and IronMan helmet, but it doesn't necessarily mean those are the characters getting made...does that make sense? :lol

I hope they at least get the likeness spot on this time.

5th time is the charm..? :lol

Jeesuss, so much angst on a doll forum ffs :lol

Now I can never sell my bank Robber 1.0 fpr tons of cash :(

Back