1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my figure from ups. I can understand how the price of this turned a lot of ppl away from buying, but this is one awesome joker! The only thing I don't like about this figure is the way the eyes are slightly looking to the left. And the suit can use a bit of futzing...other than that, perfect

Just got my figure from ups. I can understand how the price of this turned a lot of ppl away from buying, but this is one awesome joker! The only thing I don't like about this figure is the way the eyes are slightly looking to the left. And the suit can use a bit of futzing...other than that, perfect

i dont know why Hot Toys do that with his eyes but still he looks nice indeed :)

Another good pic, Hydeous!

Is that right, the stand isn't even fully plastic, it's cardboard? :lol Oy.

If you mean the base it's fully plastic with a cardboard piece on top that has the floor design on it. They do this with the Dynamic figure stand and any other figures like Mech Test IM.

If you mean the base it's fully plastic with a cardboard piece on top that has the floor design on it. They do this with the Dynamic figure stand and any other figures like Mech Test IM.

I think the picture being so blurry makes it more apparent that its cardboard though. I still can't figure out why they chose to use a shot of the bus mid crash for the back drop. If they had a shot of the bus after it stopped with the doors open I'd get that. But in order to pose it correctly as he was in the film he'd need to be facing the bus and have his back turned. Plus it kind of draws attention away from the figure. They could've at least made it double sided and had a backdrop of the bank before the bus drove through, similar to the one they used in some of the promo shots.

I think the picture being so blurry makes it more apparent that its cardboard though. I still can't figure out why they chose to use a shot of the bus mid crash for the back drop. If they had a shot of the bus after it stopped with the doors open I'd get that. But in order to pose it correctly as he was in the film he'd need to be facing the bus and have his back turned. Plus it kind of draws attention away from the figure. They could've at least made it double sided and had a backdrop of the bank before the bus drove through, similar to the one they used in some of the promo shots.

hottoysandaliens.jpg

Just the other day, I reposed him, and now I kinda lost the first pose which I had set up. :(

Something feels off for some reason, need to spend some time again and futz some more.

I want that "regular" sculpt. Despite Fabio's argument that the DX is better, I always liked the original used here (even better than the DX when it was first shown), but the outdated paintwork on the older one were a turn-off. So yeah, I'll get it if I can find it for a reasonable price. Then probably re-sell everything but that sculpt. But maybe not. I actually only had two figures on display in my office--Tech Noir Terminator and the first BR Joker. I'm not a huge Nolan head and don't need him in my collection, but he looks pretty dang cool.

Back