1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone that ordered this at toyhq, its been cancelled by their supplier due to the price

If I were in the UK, I'd just get one from the HK dealers and get it over with. Plus you'd get it faster and they will work with you to mark the value down to avoid custom.

If I were in the UK, I'd just get one from the HK dealers and get it over with. Plus you'd get it faster and they will work with you to mark the value down to avoid custom.

This is what I do. Can't stand the wait for the figures to arrive in the UK.
I buy from Timcent and maybe end up spending £50 to £60 pounds more than the figure is worth but I get it around 2 months sooner.

As soon as Timcent has the Armoury up - I'll be straight on it.

Yes, totally worth the waiting time and not having to pay extra for the customs fee.

Btw do you have him already and if so can you put the joker head you just receive on him or the Dx11?

Thanks, DA! I'll have a look at what he has to offer. :)

EDIT: Just saw his Joker.

But the price?

Even if that didn't get caught by customs it would still be about £33 more than ordering from Sideshow.

I would rather order direct from Sideshow, and wait...and save.

I've never dealt with him, but maybe PM him? He might be able to offer better price outside eBay.

He does offer cheaper prices outside of ebay. He offered me the Joker at £238. Not a massive drop but still cheaper. His prices go up and down with the exchange rate too. And because Paypal seem to invent their own inflated exchange rate, you find you click a 'buy it now' for £250 but when it finally comes to paying through Paypal, it's more like £256.

Thanks, DA! I'll have a look at what he has to offer. :)

EDIT: Just saw his Joker.

But the price?

Even if that didn't get caught by customs it would still be about £33 more than ordering from Sideshow.

I would rather order direct from Sideshow, and wait...and save.

Aren't you bound to get customs charges if you order from Sideshow though? They post from America right? And because they are an official seller, they have to declare the true value.

I bought a figure from AmiAmi in Hong Kong and the price was a steal - about £118. They added £30 postage onto it which I reluctantly had to pay. Worst thing was that when it went through customs, the customs people included the postage price in their calculations (must have been working for Lau) and I ended paying nearly £200 for the whole thing.

There's the devil you know, and the devil you don't.

I know what it would cost from Sideshow, including tax. If timcent undervalues an item to evade customs then there isn't full insurance if it goes missing en route. :panic:

Ebay sellers like to say if the item goes missing and u don't have insurance then they are not responsible. Well that is simply not true, they are responsible, so there is no risk on your end, they are the ones that have to refund you if it goes missing. The insurance is for them not u.

If he knocked £33 off the price and valued it at zero it would cost the same as ordering from Sideshow. I think the Hong Kong route would better suit those impatient to receive a figure. In the UK I've been accustomed to the long wait!

I have negotiated with him a few times, he does his best to lower the price but you are probably right and he wouldn't be able to beat Sideshow prices.

Forgot that Joker was $270 rather than $260, so the savings are less. However, as you wrote earlier the prices quoted on Ebay usually turn out more when it comes to pay with Paypal.

This hobby is a pain.

It's a pain/pleasure addiction thing!

pinhead-original.jpg

Yes it is BTW I like your signature pic. Loved the first two Hellraisers, probably should not of made any after those ones though.

I hadn't considered that aspect of it.

Well now you know :wink1:

There's another issue in Sideshow's favour too - if something's broken, missing or the art box is damaged then they're more likely to be able to help or recompense than a retailer. I have all these 'what ifs' rolling around in my head, and not being a gambler I tend to go with what I know.

Well I am not sure if this is better but Timcent actually checks the figure to make sure it is working and has all the parts before he sends it out. That is why people choose to buy from him when they buy EB figures even though he is more expensive than EB they get piece of mind knowing he will replace broken items or items that were missing.

It was something that seemed appropriate. Hot Toys as Pinhead offering you the world...for a price. And once you've accepted the offer there's no going back!

So true! :lol

Back