1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I succumbed to the intention to re-order the other day.

And as if further confirmation was required:

But I just can't bring myself to do it yet!

That seam in the hair is pretty bad. But I'm in this for the masked head only. The other sculpt will languish on the shelf until I get around to bashing another Joker. Just like the second of my DX11 laughing sculpts, which remains unused, awaiting inspiration.

Same here.

Good news is, that head with the 'ugly' seam is going for bout $100 on eBay currently. So the set should be about $170 if you decide to get rid of the head.

Won't be long till the recasters make copies though.

Just get this one. The masked sculpt looks better and more proportional, the tailoring looks nicer and the paint on the unmasked sculpt looks like an improvement. The V1 is pretty expensive now anyway...

Agreed. Expect for the v1 price - it's currently goin for bout 250$ now; cheaper than this set

I think para's pics are great, but that clown mask still makes the figure's head look huge and toying. The clothes also seem bug and frumpy. If you swapped out that figure with the V1 in that photo shoot, it wouldn't be that different.

Essentially, it's the same questionable figure we saw before, except lit and photographed in a professional, beautiful way. Figure doesn't look as nice as the characters in the sig, or Hot Toys latest figures for that matter.

Oh the wrinkles are fine and so is the material, but look how thick those arms look or how the pant legs don't taper. As far as tailoring goes it's not better than the clothing we saw in 2008 and 2009. It still evokes figures like the V1 and Harvey Dent (which were passable with futzing). It's not zoot suit levels "bad", but it's not great either. It still looks like a doll.

This ain't DX 11 levels, I'm sure you can agree with that. Despite the bath robe, the costume had layered clothing that looked and fit naturally. It wasn't as good as the Personal Kayo commissions, but for a mass production, it was pretty close. Then those "real shoes" were crazy good in terms of manufacturing. This ain't even close.

Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

Bad ass shot and pose, Para :rock

I think SS and HT should give you some commission for sales as of right now since theres no doubt theres a few Freaks who are secretly pressing that PO button on SS now. :lol

As great as those pics are (because they are) my position regarding this figure hasn't changed a bit. A blatant ripoff and a very boring figure.

I was told I my comments were getting old, because I wasn't praising the figure enough (as in, at all) so I decided I'd stop. Who am in to rain on people's parades after all. If peeps are happy paying $300+ for this (more if living abroad) then whatevs.

Silence sometimes means that you just don't care anymore.

Oh the wrinkles are fine and so is the material, but look how thick those arms look or how the pant legs don't taper. As far as tailoring goes it's not better than the clothing we saw in 2008 and 2009. It still evokes figures like the V1 and Harvey Dent (which were passable with futzing). It's not zoot suit levels "bad", but it's not great either. It still looks like a doll.

This ain't DX 11 levels, I'm sure you can agree with that. Despite the bath robe, the costume had layered clothing that looked and fit naturally. It wasn't as good as the Personal Kayo commissions, but for a mass production, it was pretty close. Then those "real shoes" were crazy good in terms of manufacturing. This ain't even close.

Throw in some screen shots to how this one should look like then. In my mind I think it's pretty close. Dunno how else they can add to this figure, except for a newly sculpted joker head instead of the old v1 head.

Value wise, this is a bad deal if you compare it with DX11 no doubt. But thing is, expect to see similar release + price point in the future. As this is how HT and SS will rolling from now on.

Where's the seam in the hair?
(I'm not saying there isn't one, I just genuinely don't know which part to look at).

Throw in some screen shots to how this one should look like then. In my mind I think it's pretty close. Dunno how else they can add to this figure, except for a newly sculpted joker head instead of the old v1 head.

Value wise, this is a bad deal if you compare it with DX11 no doubt. But thing is, expect to see similar release + price point in the future. As this is how HT and SS will rolling from now on.

But there's no need to charge the prices of the future today.

Where's the seam in the hair?
(I'm not saying there isn't one, I just genuinely don't know which part to look at).

Borrowing Paramore's photo here.

image.jpg

Just get this one. The masked sculpt looks better and more proportional, the tailoring looks nicer and the paint on the unmasked sculpt looks like an improvement. The V1 is pretty expensive now anyway...

some people sell the V1 new for 365 USD and used 315 :lol

Back